Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - The real Verbobonc ?
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    The real Verbobonc ?
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:10 pm  
    The real Verbobonc ?

Greetings all, i am new to the community though i have been a greyhawker for 3 years or so. I started playing D&D with the old ''red box'' set about 12 years ago so i can be considered as a "old school purist". In my young days as a DM i was using a campaign world of my own, but then i discovered that using an official campaign world provided more credible and complete information... Obviously i was amazed by the political structure the world of greyhawk could provide and so i decided to make this world my own. As i am a DM who likes to have maps of his own cities (i design some maps myself though they are not as good looking as those provided on the site by Yabusama) i bought the fate of Istus module. The book has some useful information (and some not so useful info too... the map of Helsuel Ilshtar for example...) and some interesting maps that i use for my campaign... But now i am faced with a big dilemma : Where is the real Verbobonc ? For now we have 3 different maps of the city :
    1- Verbobonc city in fate of Istus... Robert J. Kuntz is a trustable source to me
    2- A 3-D view of the city looking quite nice but pretty different from the precedent (i think it comes from a Vecna related module...not sure though)
    3- A home-made version of Verbobonc, pretty much detailed, the link is provided on the canonfire website... the guy has done a great work but the EGG-cultists-of-the-true-Greyhawk do not seem to like it (the river seems too big for me too though)

Who can help me ? which version of Verbobonc city are you guys using ? Which is the official living GH version ? What about Rel Mord... is the Carl Sargent version better than the one in Fate of Istus ?
    Journeyman Greytalker

Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:11 pm  

Whichever one you like best.
    I use a version based on the Fate of Istus version.
    Scott
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:19 am  

I you want to i can send you a map of Verbobonc that i made, using the map in Fate OF Istus as a Guide. It is more detailed and correct (the river and stuff like that). It it black and white but quite nice......i think Happy

I have also made a gnome and elven "district".
    Journeyman Greytalker

Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:51 am  

I'd like to check that out.
    scottglxix@msn.com

Thanks,
    Scott
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: