JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - High Hadleigh
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    High Hadleigh
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:15 pm  
    High Hadleigh

We wrote a module set between Tenh and Stonefist in CY576 Greyhawk. The main map has a road that travels south to High Hadleigh, but we never fleshed out anything about it. Has anyone done any work on High Hadleigh? I can't seem to find anything online; even references from Greyhawk Online that I found just give it blank spaces and question marks.
    Adept Greytalker

Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:32 pm  

There's a few tidbits in this old campaign journal that Google cached.

IMC, High Hadleigh wasn't too notable. Just a small town noteworthy as a trading center for miners and herdsmen and for its ferry. There's a strong military presence as much of Tenh's platinum from the mines near Calbut passes through here, on to Nevond Nevnend. The land north of the Zumkend yields poor crops, so it's not a farming community.

I placed the Tower of the Heavens from UK4 When a Star Falls twelve miles southeast of High Hadleigh. The Sages of the Tower and their Monks of the Order of the Night Sky belong to an obscure sect of Pholtus that was driven out of the Pale a couple centuries ago. Many travel through High Hadleigh to consult the Sages, who have something a rivalry with the Declaimers of Stroun. (FWIW, I placed Therno Pass on the other side of Tenh, spanning the forty miles of the Griffs between Tenh and the Barrens. According to the Bandit Kingdoms map in Dr63, Tenh controls the plains between the Griffs and Zumker in 576CY. Rockegg Pass AKA Thunder Pass seemed too well traveled and fortified to substitute for UK4's description of Therno Pass).
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:04 pm  

Huh, neat find. That link is probably about the best I can expect, considering the place is kind of obscure.

Thanks for the extra tidbits and the tie-in with U4; I'll have to take a look at the module and see about that--maybe I'll mention it in the module somewhere.
    CF Admin

Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:16 pm  

Only official mention per Zavoda's index is

High Hadleigh [TWN]
    WGR5 - 69

Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:29 pm  

WGR?
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:54 pm  

peyre wrote:
    WGR?

Iuz the Evil. It gives about as much info as Vestcoat already gave. The only additional thing I see is that it says the Zumkend is navigable up to High Hadleigh, and goods are shipped to Nevond Nevnend on the river.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:06 pm  

Ah, ok. Basically confirms what I've read elsewhere, that Hadleigh is basically a port city on the river, a trading post.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: