D&D June Survey
    Forum Moderator

Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:05 pm  
    D&D June Survey

http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/june_survey2015

I think you all know what to do...
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:29 pm  

I was about to post this but you beat me to it. ;) Vote often Greyhawkians.

This takes you right to the survey http://sgiz.mobi/s3/D-D-5e-Elements-Survey-5
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:33 am  

Done!
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:58 pm  

The polls are in, and I'm a few days short announcing it for those who are not paying attention. Sad news Greyhawk came in 6th place. Surprisingly Eberron, Ravenloft, Dark Sun, Planescape, finished before our beloved Greyhawk. Personally If find this hard to believe. Maybe I'm just a black helicopter, vapor trail, grassy knoll type of conspiracy theorist, or a butt hurt fan?

Enworld one the most popular RPG sites held a poll on favorite settings a few months back and Greyhawk came in 1st, with thousands of votes registered? I would like to see WoTC poll numbers which are not shown, just described in Mearls paragraph. One wonders if this was the plan from the start. Really Dark Sun, Ravenloft, and Planescape is more popular than the ORIGINAL ??? Mad
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:30 am  

ENWorld has a broader base than the WotC, so their poll results show one thing while WotC's poll results show the fruits of their own labors- marketing to a newer crowd. And, when you run a Greyhawk pallet cleansing campaign for over 10 years, the poll results are not surprising considering the customer base they have been pursuing. With D&D being the #1 selling RPG as of the Spring of 2015, WotC will no doubt stick with their current plans whatever they may be.

Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:17 am  

Its probably an age demographic..

Ravenloft my favorite setting, and gothic horror is always popular. Arthuas did a good job when it revived the setting. Something on that level like that needs to be done with greyhawk.

I have yet to meet someone who likes Eberron though. Maybe that fandom is related to DDO mmo... I played the mmo since beta and it did not make me a fan of the setting, though weirdly I once won an eberron trivia contest. But I know hardly anything about the setting >_<

I am playing darksun at the moment as my big return to tabletop, so I can see why it might be on the list though surprised it so high.

As for planescape, the setting and the art definitely leaves impression on people. I have been playing Bloodwars card game with the Gf lately lol
    GreySage

Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:00 am  

Cebrion wrote:
    And, when you run a Greyhawk pallet cleansing campaign for over 10 years, the poll results are not surprising considering the customer base they have been pursuing.

Quite right. The poll results were never in doubt. Anything else was merely wishful thinking. WotC has expended all their efforts into purging the Gygax connection. The World of Greyhawk has been allowed to wither on the vine for far too long.

Greyhawk's loyal fan base is founded on those of us who have been gaming in the World of Greyhawk for years. No new blood has really come in, not in any substantial numbers anyway.

Cry
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: