Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Most Powerful Known Cleric of Kord?
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Most Powerful Known Cleric of Kord?
    Adept Greytalker

Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:10 pm  
    Most Powerful Known Cleric of Kord?

I'm trying to figure out who the most powerful cleric (or favored soul or archivist etc.) of Kord is in the Flanaess. A character in my campaign is a descendant of Nazarn, a completely unknown quasi-deity as far as the PCs are concerned, so I want what knowledge there is of Nazarn to be closely kept at an important temple of Kord, and require negotiation with the high priest.

Does anyone know of important clerics of this faith in any source?
    GreySage

Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:25 pm  

Sorry not to be of much help, but the Greyhawk Wiki entry is all I could find.

http://www.canonfire.com/wiki/index.php?title=Kord

SirXaris

Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:49 am  

There isn't much in canon. The antagonists in L2 The Assassin's Knot appear to be Lawful Evil Question Kord worshipers, led by a cleric 5 / assassin 6. If you include Living Greyhawk, however, you'll find a few more references:
    • Chendl boasts a 10th-level cleric of Kord (details unknown).
    • The High Priest of Kord in Dyvers is the half-orc Remick Longtooth (barbarian 1 / cleric 16).
    • The High Priest of Kord in Leukish is Kohlath Maladaptor the Mighty (level unknown).
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:38 pm  

In the LGG, Kord is the most favored god in all the Barbarian kingdoms. Not that that translates to hosting the most powerful cleric, but it could inform whatever you decide to go with.
    Adept Greytalker

Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:47 am  

The High Priest of Kord in Dyvers is the half-orc Remick Longtooth (barbarian 1 / cleric 16)

Now that's interesting! If anyone might know about Nazarn, I say it would be him.

Do you have a source for Remick Longtooth? Because he sounds perfect.
    Master Greytalker

Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:35 am  

edmundscott wrote:
    The High Priest of Kord in Dyvers is the half-orc Remick Longtooth (barbarian 1 / cleric 16)

Now that's interesting! If anyone might know about Nazarn, I say it would be him.

Do you have a source for Remick Longtooth? Because he sounds perfect.
    I found that tidbit in the LG Dyvers Meta-Org Handbook. It doesn't contain any more than that, but maybe you could find more by searching old LG archives and/or trying to contain former triad members.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:18 am  

On a train so no access to books but from memory, there is a high priest of Kord in Cauldron (Shackled City) and, I think, in Sasserine (Savage Tide) as well.

Pretty sure there is also a high priest in Greyhawk City as well in the CoG Boxed Set but would have to check levels when home. I would also be inclined to make the most powerful cleric be from the barbarian nations but I don't think one has ever been named.
    GreySage

Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:01 am  

Maybe this follow-up question regarding Kord is better placed in the 2e forum, but I will propose it here all the same (and perhaps add a hyperlink to the appropriate site)...

What Spheres do you think are appropriate for Kord?

I am in a discussion with my DM/fellow player on just this account, for the two sources I have in my possession (namely, The Scarlet Brotherhood and From the Ashes) cite quite different Spheres, with only a bit of overlap between the two.

In case you don't have access to these two sources, here is the discrepancy-

Scarlet Brotherhood: Major spheres: All, Combat, Healing; Minor spheres: Chaos, Creation, Divination, Protection, Travelers

From the Ashes: Major spheres: All, Combat, Summoning; Minor spheres: Creation, Healing, War, Weather

As a sidenote, I am pretty dissatisfied that he is so limited in his spheres, given that he is considered an Intermediate Power. Confused

Please offer your suggestions on the 2e forum site (I know the Ceb gets annoyed with me if I don't follow the rules!):

http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=66417#66417

-Lanthorn
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: