JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Official Map of Dyvers
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Official Map of Dyvers
    Novice

Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:56 pm  
    Official Map of Dyvers

I believe I have seen a map of Dyvers in an edition of the Dungeon Magazine. Probably sometime in the 2000s (aughts).

Can anyone help me by telling me what edition of Dungeon that was in? Would most appreciate it. Thanks.
    Novice

Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:35 pm  
    May Have Mistaken for Map of Hardby

I may have solved my own mystery. There's a map of Hardby in Dungeon #109.

If I'm completely confused it returns me to a 180 if anyone does know of a Dungeon map of Dyvers that would be great and if you could give me an issue number please, thanks much. But this may have been a brain fart.
    Paladin

Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:55 pm  

off the top of my head there is one located in the Greyhawk wiki
    http://www.canonfire.com/wiki/index.php?title=Dyvers

but may be others ...
    DLG

Edit*
    Was thinking you may not have been referencing just the City of Dyvers.... since there is also the land of as well

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_kuTawUlRPfY/SCp1pU9RD_I/AAAAAAAAASo/v6bC41GDv5M/s640/Land+of+Dyvers+and+Wooly+Bay.jpg
    Adept Greytalker

Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:20 pm  

Slavers has a low-detail map of the city on page 9, along with some key locations.
    GreySage

Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:10 am  

The map cited by the Wiki link, and by DLG, is from Slavers as noted by Tarelton.

-Lanthorn
    Novice

Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:08 pm  
    Thanks

Thanks to both of you!
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:01 pm  

There's this highly detailed pdf map that seems to conform to the map from Slavers. Not sure what the source is, but judging from the name it's LG related, maybe the official triad map. http://web.archive.org/web/20030521122600/http://dyvers.living-greyhawk.com/Graphics/dyverswithgrid.pdf
    Paladin

Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:39 pm  

Great Map Smillan..... was thinking of updating it to a series of Table top maps. Any idea what scale it was set in? seems (solely based on a guess looking at the relative building sizes) that each grid square is approximately 100'x100'. Does that seem reasonable? I realize that this would make Dyvers fairly large, but as I recall it was comparable to Greyhawk City and the population was 40kish
    I like that the streets and the approximate locations of various churches are also on the map too.... great bones to build from....

Thoughts?
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:16 pm  

I think there are also Dyvers Triad (?) maps that break that main city map up into sections, and the map sections are enlarged to show street/business names and locations. They are still simple maps though- nothing fancy, but serviceable.

Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:13 pm  

I might go with 200 x 200 squares. That looks to match the scale of the Slavers map better.
    Paladin

Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:44 am  

Cebrion wrote:
    I think there are also Dyvers Triad (?) maps that break that main city map up into sections, and the map sections are enlarged to show street/business names and locations. They are still simple maps though- nothing fancy, but serviceable.

Simple is fine.. and better infact.... utilizing the bones not the visuals... Since Dyvers is the "old Chendl" I invision following a similar design to Anachronistes Press in their interpretation of the New Chendl... ..

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/142347/Chernel--Map

So any details any have would be helpful.......

@ Smillan.... WOW 200x200... so overall city proper somewhere around 6200ft x 4200ft .......hummm on one hand seems sizable, but after looking at other maps seems a good fit... especially since Dyvers was the original capital of Furyondy until the construction and migration to Chendl.

With Chendl being a "planned city" of sorts (similar to Washington DC), its more standardized and spread out feel seems to also be good fit to the rough draft grown in place feel of your Dyvers map.

As a sanity check I also looked at these.....

Anachronistes Press'es "Chendl"=12500ftx13500ft
    TheMarklands- Chendl p25= 3806ft x 3500ft (which seems small compared to other city footprints for a capital, not sure they didn't check the scale when reducing it to fit an 8 1/2 x11 booklet)

DLG
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: