JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Player Character Information
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Expedition to the Land of Black Ice
    Player Character Information
    Journeyman Greytalker

Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:32 pm  
    Player Character Information

This thread is dedicated to archiving information accessible to players in the Expedition to the Land of Black Ice Campaign. Location descriptions, maps, art and more will be archived here. Check back often!
    Journeyman Greytalker

Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:30 pm  
    Location Description: Corus

Please refer to this link for a description of the city of Corus!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/21h2m3c3k8kpwya/Corus.pdf?dl=0
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:31 am  
    Supplementary Player Notes: Corus

For your perusal....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w0zepcspak83ia3/Corus2.pdf?dl=0
    Journeyman Greytalker

Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:21 am  
    Champions of Corus: Headquarters

Gentlemen,

For your perusal, the requested map of your headquarters:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w1szbuobomdhv2j/HQ.jpg?dl=0

You will note the stacks of wood on the leftmost side of the room and the twin fireplaces along the back wall. Not pictured are the desks, on the rightmost side of the room, along the wall.

-- K.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:58 pm  

Awesome, thanks! Can you share the dunjinni file with me? Ohrin wants to tinker with the arrangement :)
    Journeyman Greytalker

Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:52 pm  

Aurdraco,

Sent! very happy

-- K.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:30 pm  

Gentlemen,

The information contained within the document given you by Captain Fireheart can be accessed here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/al0x4ka7pj98jqg/PotentateLetter.pdf?dl=0

Be advised that each of you will be receiving a private document (in your email) that will tell you what your characters know -- if anything -- about each of the individuals on this list!

-- K.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:50 pm  

Cool list. Thanks KW!

And ya know we gotta take "The Dark One" with us. That's a must!
    Journeyman Greytalker

Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:17 pm  
    Player Character Appearance: Ohrin

Player Character Appearance: Ohrin

Ohrin is a comely male adult half-elf. Standing just 5'7" tall and weighing approximately 124 pounds, he is slim even by half-elven standards, although he does not appear to be weak. For those who know elves, they would recognize that his elven lineage is sylvan or perhaps wood elven. He has brown hair, which he has allowed to grow long so as to help protect himself from the cold; he keeps it tied back, out of his face, with a simple length of cord. He has perpetually tanned skin and warm, brown eyes. Having grown up among elves, he detests facial hair and thus keep his face clean-shaven.

When not adventuring, Ohrin wears his favorite blue linen robe; a simple silver pendant of a stylized eye resting on a pedestal hangs around his neck. His feet are protected by well-worn but serviceable high soft boots; a dagger's handle can be seen poking from the top of his right boot. He often wears a dark grey cloak of medium length over his robe. A brown leather belt circles his waist and is home to various pouches and a black leather sword scabbard on his left hip. Inside the scabbard rests his trusty hand-a-half sword. Peeking out of the scabbard, one can see the deep purple velvet grip and the large moonstone set into the pommel.

When adventuring, Ohrin trades his blue robes for leggings, gambeson, and banded armor. Slung around his torso on a sturdy cord is a large, black horn of some beast. The horn is circled by several rune-covered iron bands; the small end is capped. In addition, a silver pendant of a stylized eye resting upon a pedestal hangs around his neck. Upon his right hip rests a simple quiver which holds 11 arrows with white feather fletching and 1 arrow with black feather fletching. Upon his back rests a sturdy leather rucksack which appears to be well-packed in an organized manner. A bedroll is rolled and tied to the top of the ruck. Resting inside the bedroll, unstrung, is a longbow. He uses a quarterstaff as a walking staff; the quarterstaff has runes whittled and stained into it.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:17 pm  
    Player Character Appearance: Njord

Player Character Appearance: Njord Tholjorsonn
    Race: Human Suel Male
    Height / Weight: 6'3" / About 200lbs.
    Face: Lean. Square-jawed. Somewhat ruggedly comely. Currently bearded (slightly on the sparse side).
    Hair: Platinum blonde. Shoulder length. Sometimes kept in a pony-tail. Occasionally kept in various sorts of braid-styles.
    Eyes: Pale sea-green tending toward blue/cyan.
    Skin: Fair. Face tends to turn rosy-hued when cold or exerting.
    Build: Thicker than lean, but not mesomorphic. Fairly broad shoulders with somewhat long arms. Solid and somewhat muscular, but not "ripped".
    Dress: Often wearing garb of the Town Guard, draped in either a long fur-lined coat or similar cloak (or both) and other cold-weather gear. Carries a formidable bastard sword of bluish steel with a deep-red cloth-wrapped hilt. Its pommel is adorned with a stone that looks something like a huge ladybug grasping onto the sword between its black legs. Also often carries other weapons: bow, arrows, dagger(s), shortsword, and even a spear on occasion.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:18 pm  
    Player Character Appearance: Sævil

Player Character Appearance: Sævil Dagsson

Unlike the vast majority of Xeai/Zeai peoples, Sævil's hair is blue-black and straight, he wears it medium length; when working or fighting it will be tied back in a small pony-tail. His almond-shaped eyes are light blue – again, both a rarity among his people. He stands 6'3" and weighs over 200 pounds.

At his ease, and during non-dangerous labors, Sævil favors well made tunics and pants purchased in Perrenland, mostly in greys and greens. He tends to wear tightly knit wool half-finger gloves, unless the cold requires him to don his fur mitts. He wears a silver torc, which he covers with a dark grey wool scarf, which is able to be wrapped up around his head and face as needed. He wears black leather high boots, and when necessary, white fur overboots.

He favors either a plain grey full-circle cloak, or a very fine 3/4-circle white fur cloak as needed. At sea or when ranging, he wears grey sealskin over-pants and over-coat over his white fur jacket and wool pants. He keeps a sheathed dagger, pommel angled down and to his right on his over-coat, about where his left ribs end.

When armored, he wears plain steel banded-mail uncovered in warm weather, covered by furs and sealskin in cold. His helm is also of plain steel, and unadorned. He rarely wears it in the cold. He will usually have a fine silken rope coiled around left shoulder and chest. He carries a small iron-rimmed wooden circular shield when expecting immediate trouble, otherwise he keeps it slung.

From his weapon belt hangs a unique – possibly nonesuch – triple-bladed axe. Something like a great club with three wicked flanges radiating out from its head, its three bits are sheathed in sealskin and its black iron haft juts from its loop on his right side. A sheathed broadsword hangs on his left, ready for a cross draw or left handed draw as needed. Two daggers are sheathed horizontally on the belt at his rear, each able to be drawn by appropriate hand.

His utility belt carries two small pouches and one large. When his length of rope isn't wrapped around his torso, it will be very tightly coiled and hanging from this belt.

His common belt carries two hip flasks, one completely unadorned and the other engraved with thin, looping patterns.

When traveling Sævil carries a sealskin backpack that rolls tightly shut at the top, and a sealskin outer, fur inner bedroll. If he isn't expecting trouble and has no pack animal, his shield will be slung beneath these items.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Mon May 02, 2016 7:53 pm  
    Maps & Legends

Gentlemen,

For your perusal...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kz6jidt10tr8mht/FrigidNorth.png?dl=0

-- K.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Tue May 03, 2016 8:53 am  

Awesome, thanks. Is Corus on the Brink Island that we see on the map?
    Journeyman Greytalker

Tue May 03, 2016 6:41 pm  

Aurdraco,

It is! It's on the southmost shore of the island. Would a map-pushpin be of assistance?

-- K.

Last edited by Kraftwerk on Tue May 03, 2016 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Journeyman Greytalker

Tue May 03, 2016 8:16 pm  

Naw, I'm good now. Thanks!
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue May 03, 2016 8:28 pm  

Do our characters have a map roughly equivalent to the one above at the moment?
    Journeyman Greytalker

Tue May 03, 2016 8:58 pm  

Lamashtu,

One of the maps that Ohrin will receive from Verenna will be identical to this one.

-- K.
    GreySage

Sun May 08, 2016 6:47 am  

One weird "game," reads more like a novel, with multiple authors contributing to the story.

Sun May 08, 2016 4:32 pm  

Mystic Scholar,

Mystic-Scholar wrote:
    One weird "game," reads more like a novel, with multiple authors contributing to the story.

I'm not sure if I should take that as a compliment or not!!! Laughing

-- K.
    GreySage

Sun May 08, 2016 5:45 pm  

Laughing

Just an observation! Evil Grin

Interesting try to follow it all.

Sun May 08, 2016 5:54 pm  

Mystic-Scholar,

I completely understand. The way I administrate a PbP game is much different than many other games I've seen of that type. I chalk it up to two things: 1) I graduated college with a BA in Creative Writing. The narrative is very important to me, and 2) I've run a continuous PbP on another site for the last decade and kind of settled into my own personal style.

If I had complete control of the thread structure on the site, the game would look slightly different (and probably be slightly easier for an outsider to follow). I must work with what I have, though!

In any case, I'm pleased that you're interested enough to follow along. Hopefully, you like what you're seeing! If you are...you're always welcome to join us! I think our heroes will need all the help they can get!

-- K.
    GreySage

Sun May 08, 2016 6:13 pm  

Running my own games on Role Play on Line, not to mention writing stories for my blog.

Also, several here want me to get back to my Caerdiralor stories, Sir Ivon stories and "That Infamous Key" story, so I'm going to be busy making those people happy, but thanks for the invite, I'll give it some thought.

Sun May 08, 2016 6:15 pm  

Okay! Feel free to contact me at: xxx.kraftwerk.xxx@gmail.com, should you decide you're interested!

-- K.
    GreySage

Sun May 08, 2016 6:16 pm  

Will do! Thanks again. Cool
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Expedition to the Land of Black Ice All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: