JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Collective Brainstorming: The Daughter of Vecna
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Collective Brainstorming: The Daughter of Vecna
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:39 am  
    Collective Brainstorming: The Daughter of Vecna

Vecna, our beloved decrepit cryptkeeper of secrets. The evil sneaky b@stard himself. I love him as a Deity, I've used him in many games both in and out of Oerth. I am embarking on session two of a new game this very night. it's a homebrewed world (surprise) but will feature familiar names

Currently we have Orcus (whom I cannot bring myself to like even as a DM) or at least minions of him.

I was going to use Vecna in a loose coalition of evil working together to bring down an ancient kingdom of justice and light Then today mere hours from game time a notion hit me What if it isn't Vecna directly but Vecna's daughter? Whether it's in reality his offspring or a planar force that is allied to him in some manner doesn't truly matter.

The Cult of the Faceless One is a group splintered from an ancient Mem'dorian religion built around a figure known in the common tongue as 'The Bearer of Names'. The cult itself follows ______ known as the Daughter of Vecna, the wearer of many faces, Thief of Secrets. Her and her minions steal away the secrets from the powerful and whisper them in Vecna's Library.

This is all that I have on the notion.. I would love thoughts, addendums and thus Brainstorming on this proposed being.
    GreySage

Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:47 pm  

Maybe Vecna's "daughter" is a former wielder of the Hand and/or Eye of Vecna, now an independent entity.

The "Bearer of Names" bit reminds me of the webcomic Kill Six Billion Demons.

"A true ruler is the wielder of names. By names she cuts the world as she pleases. And she cuts herself into greater forms still. She is not shaped by the world, but instead becomes the shaper."
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: