One of the founders of our hobby and one of the most unsung contributors to Dungeons & Dragons, Len Lakofka has passed away at the age of 76.
Along with the many adventures, classes, spells, and rules he created, Len was also father of the Suel in Greyhawk, designer of their gods, and namesake of the Lendore Isles.
The value of his work goes without saying, but his presence will be sorely missed. The adventures of Leomund go on.
Is anyone aware of any unofficial compilations of errata from 1e modules? Some discussion about the new WotC POD modules over on K&K got me thinking about other stuff that's wrong (rather than just missing) in 1e, in the modules in particular (and the rulebooks too).
Some module errata that leap to mind include:
- A1's missing doors to access some of the non-tourney encounter areas (basilisk, et al)
- mismatch between the Belgos/Silussa encounter descriptions vs. maps as provided in later printings of D3
- D3 encounter tables in PDFs list ghosts vs. ghasts
- some new monster description text for drow was dropped from original G3, D1, etc. monochrome editions vs. G1-3/D1-2/D3 editions text
- missing text from T1 that was badly edited and/or lost in layout in T1-4
- WG5 level 3 map is inverted
This list could probably also include content changes, like, for example, to the magic items in the later B2 printings (Bill talks about this one frequently), and the differences between monster stats in WG4 vs. the Fiend Folio, too. Those are really editorial changes, but it they impact play, they're worth listing too.
The Acaeum lists all of the official rules errata at
but it's not comprehensive, and for the most part doesn't include module errata---some individual items are mentioned on module pages, but there's no central compilation of 1e module errata available, like for the rulebooks.
Other unofficial/uncaught errata rules errata that I've recently run across include:
- MM: Pit Fiend treasure type is I not J
- DMG: SR#1 version of Appendix A has text missing from Table 1 for #s 11-13
- UA: spell books text lost in UA vs. original descriptions in Dragon Magazine #62 (Gene mentioned this on Scotty's boards)
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum