JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Mini-Adventures
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Readers Workshop
    Mini-Adventures
    Adept Greytalker

Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:27 pm  
    Mini-Adventures

I am starting this thread as a place to dscus my Mini-adventures ( Bad Times in the Good Hills, Death at Dawn, and The Haunted Mine of Blackstone).

Please feel free to tell me both what you liked and didn't like... what worked for you, what didn't... why you did or didn't like this or that.. if you found them useful... etc... I would also be intrested to learn how they worked out if you have ever ran any of them for your group.

Wes :)
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:45 pm  
    mods

I just found your little mini-adventures and have to say that I love them all. I have not had a chance to run my friends through them as of yet but cant wait to. I say keep them up as I think there are many people out there that wont post anything about them but will get some good use out of them. I have always been a huge fan of nice little side adventures that are easily thrown into a night that can fill in those times when your party wanders into those unexpected places. These types of little mini-quests work perfectly to give them a little bit of fun without having to pull everything right out of your butt, although they can be some of the most interesting events as no one knows whats going on then. Wink KEep em coming and I hope to see a lot more.

Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:21 am  

Hey Wes, I think they're neato.

I particularly like Bad Times in the Good Hills, which you already know from my comments attached to it, however, my party has never been in an area where your mini-mods have been fitting, as of yet.

Otherwise, I deffinitely use Canonfire content in my campaigns, alot! Exclamation

Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:23 pm  
    They're Great

I've run characters through Bad Times in the Good Hills and The Haunted Mine of Blackstone. I was not aware of Death at Dawn, but thanks to this thread I am - and I'll definitely get to it.

While I certainly think that these adventures are of good quality and are well written, that's not the only reason I like them. They fill another niche for me. I was using the Viscious Venues and Random Encounters from WotC's Web site to fill in here and there in my campaign. But the Wes' adventures are already Greyhawk-specific. Bam, I put them in. And, they have not been exposed to the whole D&D world.

Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:05 am  

how did your players like Bad times, Don? I hope that you find a chance to run Dead at Dawn and find it enjoyable as well...

I am currently working on a couple more mini-adventures for canonfire in my spare time, and will probably submit them around the new year.
    CF Admin

Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:44 pm  
    Great!

cwslyclgh wrote:
    How did your players like Bad times, Don?

The players I refereed Bad Times in the Good Hills liked the challenge. When they encountered the first couple of trolls, there was some over-confidence in the party. The second encounter with more trolls got them freaked out. It was a challenging encounter, especially when Namnug got personally involved - invisible and hovering near the ceiling. I allowed him to escape (via gasesous form), because I think he can be a very interesting recurring villain. And the party had almost completely expired as a result of poor dice rolls on their part.

But they liked the challenge, and player one specifically commented that the danger of the situation with the trolls and Namnug (who thought, at first, was a vampire with wizard levels for some reason) was very exciting.[/i]

Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:45 pm  
    Re: Great!

The players I refereed Bad Times in the Good Hills liked the challenge. When they encountered the first couple of trolls, there was some over-confidence in the party. The second encounter with more trolls got them freaked out. It was a challenging encounter, especially when Namnug got personally involved - invisible and hovering near the ceiling. I allowed him to escape (via gasesous form), because I think he can be a very interesting recurring villain. And the party had almost completely expired as a result of poor dice rolls on their part.

But they liked the challenge, and player one specifically commented that the danger of the situation with the trolls and Namnug (who thought, at first, was a vampire with wizard levels for some reason) was very exciting.

Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:10 pm  

Quote:
    But they liked the challenge, and player one specifically commented that the danger of the situation with the trolls and Namnug (who thought, at first, was a vampire with wizard levels for some reason) was very exciting

Glad they enjoyed it :)
    Master Greytalker

Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:15 am  
    Read em

I have read them, and really enjoyed each of them. I have not run them, as IMC we have not travelled north of Gran March ever, and only briefly to Greyhawk.

However, I really enjoyed the format, and would love to see more. Any desire to do some in Gran March?
    Adept Greytalker

Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:30 am  

actually I have the notes for one that takes place on the edge of the Rushmoors, but I haven't fully fleshed it out yet.... I had planned on doing one more set in hills, and then doing 3-5 set in swamp/marsh terrian, then move on to forests, deserts, mountians, etc.
    Master Greytalker

Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:34 am  
    Cool

Cool... If you have any interest we are setting up and adventure arc within our broader Gran March project, and would like to flesh it out with published and unpublished adventures. I think for this arc the characters will start at 3rd level and we will provide a chart/mechanic to mimic 5 years in the Gran March Army. Then we will flow into N1 Cult of the Reptile God. After that, we get into vague territory.

Any thoughts/help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Anced
    Journeyman Greytalker

Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:05 pm  

Cws, I sent you a PM about your mines adventure. (Twice actually. Sorry, CF choked on the first send and I didn't discover until later that the original had gone through.)

I liked your adventure enough to port it over to 1/2E format and run up a small map for it in DC. E-mail me if you want a copy, I'd be glad to send it off.
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: