JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Evil Alternate Oerth
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Evil Alternate Oerth
    Forum Moderator

Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:44 am  
    Evil Alternate Oerth

I wrote this article building off Rip's great work on this forum and another published source. Enjoy and throw some other ideas out there if you like.

http://greyhawkery.blogspot.com/2018/06/evil-alternate-oerth.html
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:46 am  
    Re: Evil Alternate Oerth

mortellan wrote:
    I wrote this article building off Rip's great work on this forum and another published source. Enjoy and throw some other ideas out there if you like.

http://greyhawkery.blogspot.com/2018/06/evil-alternate-oerth.html

-I thought Gord was meant to be from Oerth. Source?
    GreySage

Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:05 pm  

Haha, neat. IRONMAW!

"Mask of Diamond Tears" in Dungeon #143 included a "mirrored creature" template for creatures summoned from evil parallel worlds through the Plane of Mirrors. The backstory is that thousands of years ago the ethergaunts, through an alliance with the nerras of the Plane of Mirrors, raided countless parallel worlds so that they could use mirror-duplicates against their enemies. There are other suggestions for the origins of "evil worlds": fiendish invasion, lycanthropic plague, chaotic mutations.

This fits well with the orb of opposition created by the Mirrormasters of Lynn according to Expedition to the Ruins of Greyhawk, but also pretty well with Living Greyhawk's idea that the Isles of Woe sank after a war with the ethergaunts.

In this thread I suggested that Uerth/evil Oerth was the homeworld of Mayaheine (among many other suggestions).

jamesdglick wrote:
    -I thought Gord was meant to be from Oerth. Source?

He is meant to be from Oerth, but Oerth was more or less destroyed when it was turned into an eternal battleground between Tharizdun and Master Entropy at the end of Dance of Demons. I believe I suggested sacrificing Yarth instead, using Yarth as a dumping ground for elements from the novels that don't fit into canon.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:46 pm  

Poor Sagard…
    Forum Moderator

Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:19 pm  

LOL yup, poor Sagard, be barely knew ye!
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:25 pm  

…actually I'm now reminded of a cubic gate I wrote up that allowed access to Aerth, Earth, Oerth, Uerth, and Yarth, with its sixth-side "shattered and inoperable" — the idea being that the sixth-side would have allowed access to "Learth" from Gary Gygax's Lejendary Adventure.

(Now I just need to wait for that copy of Epic of Ærth to come in the mail, so I suppose I could use that time to try and create astrological symbols similar to the Sun Cross using flag semaphore as a basis.)
    Master Greytalker

Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:20 pm  

In one of my Greyhawk campaigns, Iuz learned the secret of apotheothis while imprisoned by Zagig. In order to ascend, he had to collect his alternate identities from other worlds and bring them under his power - these are the Soul Husks.

One of the husks is surely the remains of Zui the Young.
    My campaigns are multilayered tapestries upon which I texture themes and subject matter which, quite frankly, would simply be too strong for your hobbyist gamer.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mp7Ikko8SI
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:26 pm  

So Iuz is "the One?"
    Master Greytalker

Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:20 pm  

Amesang wrote:
    So Iuz is "the One?"

I actually formulated my theory of apotheosis in the 90's. I understand that it is similar to "The One", but I haven't seen the movie yet!
    My campaigns are multilayered tapestries upon which I texture themes and subject matter which, quite frankly, would simply be too strong for your hobbyist gamer.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mp7Ikko8SI
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: