Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Circle of Eight Question: Skech DO NOT READ!
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Circle of Eight Question: Skech DO NOT READ!
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:28 pm  
    Circle of Eight Question: Skech DO NOT READ!

OK, so the last time I tried this my player (fellow Canonfire member Skech) read my question which kinda spilled the beans a little bit ... though not too badly since he already knew I was moving my game in that direction.

His character (Skech) was friends with Rary and doesn't believe the story of what happened with the Circle's betrayal.

I decided to run a conclusion to that; Skech has been set on the path of tracking down Robilar at the behest of Yrag, who is a friend of my GMPC, and eventually he will encounter Rary and the truth about what happened at the Signing of the Greyhawk Pact will be revealed.

I always thought the story of Robilar/Billaro was trite and convienient, totally lacking in any accountability for anyone's actions. Uninteresting. But I agree with Rob Kuntz that what TSR did to that character was really a terrible shame. He got turned into a clueless dupe and that just doesn't make any sense for a character who can SOLO Castle Greyhawk.

I've done a very detailed write up of Yrag, digging up every canon source I can find on him (I will post that here once I've finished the adventure as there are things about him Skech does not know yet). The only thing I can't find is the writeup on Ford Keep, which is in the reference list of his write up on the GH Wiki; I guess it got taken down. Anyone have access to a copy that can be legally shared? Not asking for pirated stuff, but I'm under the impression it was public and the link just wasn't maintained by WoTC after they shut down LG.

But the real question I have is this. I'm sure I saw somewhere a LG adventure featuring Otiluke as a ghost. Only I can't seem to find the reference now. Can anyone here confirm?

I'm not talking about the LG adventure that features the ghost of Lord Silverfox. I'm talking about something completely different.

I'm looking for anything I can find on Otiluke. There's not much. I've gleaned what I could from his GH Wiki page, and I have every one of the sources listed. I'm just trying to see if I missed anything.

Oh, and does anyone know if any sources on his apprentice, Glorial, besides the House on Summoner Court?

Thanks in advance
    GreySage

Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:33 pm  
    Re: Circle of Eight Question: Skech DO NOT READ!

The Ford Keep article is still online: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=lg/lgmp/20070626a
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:01 am  

Great article on the keep, but it doesn't mention anything about Yrag being the secret lord in charge of Fordkeep, which is mentioned on page 114 of The Adventure Begins. I always considered that canon, although I'd love more backstory and details of course.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:34 pm  

Thanks, Rasgon!

Yeah, I don't see mention of Yrag as well, but then there's so littl einformation on him, it may have been over looked. I did read someone else that his connection to Ford Keep is secret so maybe that's why.

I'm pulling all these obscure references together and trying to make sense of them.
    GreySage

Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:22 pm  

There's also an article on Robilar's lands: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=lg/lgmp/20080109a
    Journeyman Greytalker

Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:58 am  

Yes, have this but thank you! Every scatter bit helps :)
    Master Greytalker

Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:39 am  
    Re: Circle of Eight Question: Skech DO NOT READ!

Theala_Sidorian wrote:
    The only thing I can't find is the writeup on Ford Keep, which is in the reference list of his write up on the GH Wiki; I guess it got taken down.

rasgon wrote:
    The Ford Keep article is still online: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=lg/lgmp/20070626a

Just for sake of saying ... the archives actually were down on Wizards.com for a while, because they were reorganizing things. There's some images and downloads which are no longer available.

But, they just came back online last week, I think.
    So, yay for that ... but, we should all copy any information, and keep a link, for what we might want to have later. Just in case.
    Owner and Lead Admin: https://greyhawkonline.com<div>Editor-in-Chief of the Oerth Journal: https://greyhawkonline.com/oerthjournal</div><div>Visit my professional art gallery: https://wkristophnolen.daportfolio.com</div>
    Journeyman Greytalker

Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:52 am  

Yeah I just checked the link and the Ford Keep page comes up now, sans the map. Guess someone finally got around to fixing it.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: