Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Query re fan-created Pathfinder 1e adaptations for Greyhawk
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- D&D 3.0e/3.5e/d20/Pathfinder
    Query re fan-created Pathfinder 1e adaptations for Greyhawk
    CF Admin

Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:44 pm  
    Query re fan-created Pathfinder 1e adaptations for Greyhawk

Hi folks.

I'm recently returning to the hobby of the imagination and wonder if any of us created Pathfinder 1e adaptations for Greyhawk—something analogous to Joseph Bloch's recent series of D&D 5e adaptations. See Greyhawk Grognard, Free Resources, http://www.greyhawkgrognard.com/free-resources/.

If not, would any of us be interested in collaborating to do so?
    CF Admin

Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:56 pm  

Marc---

Casey Brown published some summaries of LG-era Bandit Kingdoms scenarios and also some PF adventures; see https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/8429/Casey-Brown

Allan.

Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:31 pm  

Of course, we also have three 3.5e adventures published in the Canonfire! Chronicles, which could easily be converted to Pathfinder, or simply used 'as is' in a Pathfinder campaign. ;)

http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=19

SirXaris

Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:49 pm  

Thanks Allan and SirXaris!

grodog, I read the review of BDKR1: The Unofficial Living Greyhawk Bandit Kingdoms Summary. What's your view of it? Would you recommend acquiring the print version?

SirXaris, the Canonfire! Chronicles looks beautiful. Were additional issues ever published?
    CF Admin

Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:07 pm  

mtg wrote:

grodog, I read the review of BDKR1: The Unofficial Living Greyhawk Bandit Kingdoms Summary. What's your view of it? Would you recommend acquiring the print version?

I like to read most things in print, so I'm biased toward that format. I like the content, and also have a soft spot for the BK in general (the Rift Canyon has held my eye for many a year!). The book's well put together, with a nice cream-colored paper of good paper stock (it's on Lulu now, so that may not be the case any longer---my version was printed by Create Space), well-written, and well-edited. Casey does a wonderful job summarizing the adventures, commenting on the player actions and giving behind-the-scenes commentary from his Triad-level vantage point. Well-worth picking up if you're planning a trip to Stoink or its sister cities.

SirXaris, the Canonfire! Chronicles looks beautiful. Were additional issues ever published?[/quote]

I only have the first issue, which is the only one I'm aware of.

Allan.

Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:04 pm  

grodog wrote:
    mtg wrote:

grodog, I read the review of BDKR1: The Unofficial Living Greyhawk Bandit Kingdoms Summary.

...and well-edited.

Thank you for that, Allan! I always appreciate seeing that short line in any review of products I have edited. Wink Cool

Quote:
    SirXaris, the Canonfire! Chronicles looks beautiful. Were additional issues ever published?

Quote:
    I only have the first issue, which is the only one I'm aware of.

Allan.

Unfortunately, we only ever produced that single edition of the Canonfire! Chronicles. It would be great if someone could spearhead a revivification of that fanzine as Icarus has done for its sister publication, the Oerth Journal.

SirXaris

Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:47 pm  

SirXaris wrote:
    grodog wrote:
    mtg wrote:

grodog, I read the review of BDKR1: The Unofficial Living Greyhawk Bandit Kingdoms Summary.

...and well-edited.

Thank you for that, Allan! I always appreciate seeing that short line in any review of products I have edited. Wink Cool

Well-done, as always Skip =)

Allan.

Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:36 am  

Just noticed this thread and I'd put forward that all of Casey's Living Greyhawk modules that he's Pathfinderized and published are worth checking out—in particular because he leans so hard into Pathfinder mechanics (like settlement stat blocks or value of monster parts) that rarely get any daylight in published modules.

The two featuring the red dragon are probably the best, but the low-level Rookroost stuff is also very good. (I am curious to see where the series goes.)

As befits their convention roots, they are all more linear than, for instance, a Grodog Castle Greyhawk adventure but he always leaves a lot of flexibility around the mission at hand for player creativity.
    GreySage

Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:56 pm  

edmundscott wrote:
    Just noticed this thread and I'd put forward that all of Casey's Living Greyhawk modules that he's Pathfinderized and published are worth checking out—in particular because he leans so hard into Pathfinder mechanics (like settlement stat blocks or value of monster parts) that rarely get any daylight in published modules.

The two featuring the red dragon are probably the best, but the low-level Rookroost stuff is also very good. (I am curious to see where the series goes.)

As befits their convention roots, they are all more linear than, for instance, a Grodog Castle Greyhawk adventure but he always leaves a lot of flexibility around the mission at hand for player creativity.

As the editor of all of these modules by Casey Brown (Aurdraco), my biased opinion is in full support of the above recommendation. Cool

SirXaris

Sat May 02, 2020 7:20 pm  

edmundscott wrote:

Thanks for endorsing these adventures. Even though Allan mentioned them in his initial response, when I looked at Casey's DriveThruRPG page, I focused on BDKR1 and overlooked the adventures, which intrigue me because I missed almost all of the LGH modules (not having enjoyed the few that I played in the Pale), and I'm glad that a few have seen the light of day.

Hopefully others will republish the best of theirs too.
    GreySage

Sat May 02, 2020 7:31 pm  

mtg wrote:
    edmundscott wrote:

Thanks for endorsing these adventures. Even though Allan mentioned them in his initial response, when I looked at Casey's DriveThruRPG page, I focused on BDKR1 and overlooked the adventures, which intrigue me because I missed almost all of the LGH modules (not having enjoyed the few that I played in the Pale), and I'm glad that a few have seen the light of day.

Hopefully others will republish the best of theirs too.

Note that "A Little Trouble" found in The Canonfire! Chronicles was authored by Adam Thomas, who authored several LG adventures while it was running. "A Little Trouble was scheduled to be released for LG, but WotC shut it all down before that happened. So, you can find at least one other LG adventure published, though I don't recall which area it was from (Geoff, Sterich, or the Yeomanry, probably Wink ).

SirXaris
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: