JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Cities of Greyhawk
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Cities of Greyhawk
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:23 am  
    Cities of Greyhawk

Hi everyone. I am looking for maps of the cities of Greyhawk. I know a few have been published but not in great detail. On the interwebs I have found Dyvers and Verbobonc and they are in black & white. They appear to be similar art work. What I fail to see, is where they came from. Is there a book?
    Journeyman Greytalker

Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:54 am  

Verbobonc was detailed in the Living Greyhawk setting, as was Dyvers.

I don' know if the campaign guides are even available online anymore.

The Verbobonc map (there are several, all different) may have come from Fate of Istus (WG8). Hard to be sure about Dyvers since I'm not sure which map you're referring to.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:11 am  

I checked. They were indeed out of Fate of Istus. Thank you! I wonder how many people use these as opposed to finding good stand-ins.

I like Bard's Gate (Frog God Games > Necromancer) and it seems good as a stand in for Verbobonc.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:34 pm  

There are a bunch of maps of the Cities out there on th' 'Net. Now that you can get Greyhawk stuff at Drivethru RPG, they won't cost you an arm and leg

to name a few:
    Marklands: Chendl, Willip, Rel Mord
    Iuz the Evil: Dorakaa, Molag, Admundfort
    Fate of Istus: Rookroost, Rel Mord, Jurnre, Eldredd, Wintershiven, Leukish, Rauxes, Chendl, Verbobonc, Hesuel Ilshar

I found an interesting take on Hochoch from an online source: angelfire.com

I tend to just Google the name of a city and see what comes up. I just found Radigast City, Hardby, Mitrik and Rel Astra while I was searching for Hochoch's site.

Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:42 am  

If some enterprising person could make an index or collection of the cities with maps and their citations, they would be a hero.

And we'd be glad to host it as a project.

-G
    GreySage

Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:07 pm  

That would be nice, but I find some of the existing maps a bit "kiddy" style. I've often longed for the computer skills necessary to fix that.

Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:09 pm  

Watabou's Medieval Fantasy City Generator automatically makes a map of a small town, large town, small city, or large city which you can then modify in various ways, warping streets and walls, changing the style, making it more complex, eliminating triangular buildings, adding shanty towns, adding or subtracting rivers or coasts, changing the names, etc. It's a really good resource for quickly making maps of any fantasy city you can imagine.

He also has a random dungeon generator.
    Encyclopedia Greyhawkaniac

Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:45 pm  

rasgon wrote:
    Watabou's Medieval Fantasy City Generator automatically makes a map of a small town, large town, small city, or large city which you can then modify in various ways, warping streets and walls, changing the style, making it more complex, eliminating triangular buildings, adding shanty towns, adding or subtracting rivers or coasts, changing the names, etc. It's a really good resource for quickly making maps of any fantasy city you can imagine.

I will have to look into the city generator. I've been using his dungeon generator to create tombs in the Cairn Hills
    Journeyman Greytalker

Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:14 pm  

rasgon wrote:

Ok, this is absolutely awesome! Such a fantastic and fun tool. Thanks Rasgon!
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: