Canonfire :: View topic - Oerth Journal #33 is out
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Oerth Journal #33 is out
    Sage of Canonfire

Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:06 am  
    Oerth Journal #33 is out

You can grab your copy here:

https://greyhawkonline.com/2020/06/30/oerth-journal-33-is-released/

Lots of varied articles by fans of the Greyhawk Setting, including one by me.

I will leave this two images from the early 90s Spellfire Card set without comment...

[/img]
    Journeyman Greytalker

Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:46 pm  

Huh. I used to have those cards but got rid of them years ago. Wish I hadn't now.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:16 pm  

That's an interesting use of the Regalia of Power. In my game, I have the Orb of Evil under the guardianship of a paladin; he was chosen by his former adventuring party as the one who could best keep it out of the hands of evil.
    GreySage

Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:04 pm  

If I'm not wrong, Seragrimm's kingdom would look like this on Anna Meyer's map:

Sage of Canonfire

Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:56 pm  

You have it exactly right, Rip!
    CF Admin

Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:40 pm  

PSmedger, I was going to ask how you dealt with a LG lich in GH, but after reading the article, I love how you resolved the apparent contradiction: I can recall reading the 1e DMG about the potentially baleful effects of possessing artifacts or relics and think this was a great homage to the past while incorporating one of the stranger sources of canon.
    CF Admin

Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:59 pm  

mtg wrote:
    PSmedger, I was going to ask how you dealt with a LG lich in GH, but after reading the article, I love how you resolved the apparent contradiction: I can recall reading the 1e DMG about the potentially baleful effects of possessing artifacts or relics and think this was a great homage to the past while incorporating one of the stranger sources of canon.

While I've never particularly liked the idea of "good" liches (or good undead in general), I'm looking forward to reading Gary's article to see how it plays out (and there is precedent for non-evil liches going all the way back to their introduction in Greyhawk Supplement 1 in OD&D, so...).

Allan.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: