Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:08 pm
North Province of the Great Kingdom AKA The Northern Kingdom of Aerdy AKA North Kingdom (Depending upon what year you set your campaign in)
Campaigning in the North Kingdom is for those that want to experience an adventure in a despotic land, there are no real good guys here, just shades of evil and neutrality. The lands are war-torn and the serfs are oppressed. There is no real external menace, the bad guys are the establishment here. Orcs brought in from the Rakers/Bone March at the Herzog/Overking's request prowl the lands to keep internal threats in check.
Country specific resources
I cannot recommend enough the free online supplement in the unpublished Ivid the Undying by Carl Sargent (available here http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=161 )
Adventures in this country include:
- Intrigue against (or on behalf of!) the Church of Hextor.
- Fighting against the undead menace gathering in Rinloru, led by an evil preiest of Nerull.
- Forest adventures in the Adri, there are ruins of a powerful Elven City (high level). http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=925
- City adventures / intrigue between the various rulers of the cities that are at odds with each other
- Go on quests for magical beast parts or items for the powerful enchanter Morrkend of Eastfair.
Adventures in nearby areas include:
- Adventures into the overrun humanoid infested ruined settlements of the Bone March.
- Explore the Cauldron of Night or Causeway of Fiends (high level).
- Risk exploring the ruins of the capital of Rauxes to the south.
Worshipers of good deities would do well to keep their heads down, as the church of Hextor is the official state religion and the Herzog/Overking Grennel is the High Priest.
Richard Di Ioia (aka Longetalos)
Last edited by Longetalos on Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total