Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:41 am
by David Leonard
Those wishing a Nordic, or Viking game which are slowly becoming "civilized" by their alliance with Ratik, will be well suited to campaigning here. Although their ranks are still filled with many of the berserkers for which they are known, as a people they are learning the value of peaceful relations with their southern neighbors.
The Fruztii were once the most fierce of all the Rhizians. They waged war and raided up and down the Solnor Coast and beyond. Their strength was spent on the shield of the Great Kingdom. In their weakened state, they soon fell under the suzerainty of their cousins the Schnai. The Scarlet Brotherhood has landed on their shores again to lure them back into the Suel fold. They have always been farmers and fisherfolk, their fields and shoals richer than those to the east.
Great inspiration for this area can be found in: Beowulf, the Kalevala, Nibelungenlied, The Last King (TV), Vikings (TV), The Eagle (film).
Country specific resources:
Dragon magazine #57
WGS1 The Five Shall Be One; WGS2 Howl From the North
Adventures in the country include:
- Forest adventures in the Timberway and Spikey Forests. Winter wolves and Mist wolves.
- Mountain adventures (Underdark adventures) in the Raker and Griff mountains (alternate placement of G1-3). Orcs, gnolls, giants and drow.
- Border skirmishes with the Bone March. Defense of the Kelten Pass.
- Fey fading lands.
- Ruins of the Ur-Flan from the time of Keraptis.
Adventures in nearby areas include:
- B1 In Search of the Unknown (in the monochrome edition) was originally suggested as located in Ratik.
- WGS1 The Five Shall Be One; WGS2 Howl From the North; OJ#3, A Slight Diversion; The Dancing Hut of Baba Yaga; C13 From His Cold, Dead Hands, by Carlos Lising, casl Entertainment, 2019
- Forest adventures in the Timberway and Spikey forests.
- Raiding and seizing Kelten Pass. Raids into the Hold of Stonefist.
- Sea adventures upon the Solnor and the Icy Seas.
- Relations with the Barbarian tribes.
- Expeditions into the Griff mountains in search of lost Skrellingshald (Tostencha).
- The Land of Black Ice, and the Zeai Clan (Sea Barbarians) upon the Icy Sea.
- Trade expeditions to The Sea Barons and the North Province.
- The search for and discovery of Fireland, and the arrival of a ship from Fireland.
- Espionage with the North Kingdom, and the Scarlet Brotherhood.
Richard Di Ioia (aka Longetalos)