Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - 5e D&D - Experiences using the psionics rules, compariso
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- D&D 5th Edition
    5e D&D - Experiences using the psionics rules, compariso
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:05 am  
    5e D&D - Experiences using the psionics rules, compariso

What experiences or stories do you have running what little 5e D&D psionics rules exist found in the Unearthed Arcana releases?

What about the psionics rules did you find easy to understand, or hard to understand, and why?

How do the psionics rules of this edition compare with other editions in your experiences?

What would you constructively change to improve or complete the psionics rules in this edition?

(Please note: removing the psionics rules is not a valid answer for the purposes of any of these questions! If you would really prefer to remove the psionics rules, please don't reply at all.)

Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:11 pm  

I didn't know that this edition featured psionics, but thanks to your posts, I've just downloaded these rules, https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/psionic-options-revisited and will read them in the next week or so.

I'm about to start my first 5e campaign, which will be in and around the Hold of the Sea Princes, and I already planned to feature yuan-ti and opportunities to explore UnderOerth, so I look forward to learning how this edition treats the subject.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:14 pm  

And thank you for posting the exact link!

I look forward to seeing your opinions and play results of the good, the bad, and the ugly of what exists of 5e psionic options. =D

Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:40 pm  

mtg wrote:
    I'm about to start my first 5e campaign

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you need any help understanding the system!
    My campaigns are multilayered tapestries upon which I texture themes and subject matter which, quite frankly, would simply be too strong for your hobbyist gamer.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mp7Ikko8SI
    CF Admin

Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:25 pm  

Thanks Kirt. I'll be sure to PM you or post here when I seek help.

We had our first session this past Monday. (Once we have done a few I might follow your lead and post a campaign log.) Of the four of us, only one had played 5e, and one of us hadn't played since 2e. We enjoyed it.

nijineko, I finally read the 5e UA Psionic Options, and I like them—particularly the Wild Talent feat and the Rogue soulknife option. Both seem like we could seamlessly integrate them, and I'm now considering making a NPC soulknife to introduce the PCs to psionics vis-à-vis (initially) unexplicable telepathy.

When I feature this NPC, I'll post here again to comment on how it went.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:43 am  

mtg wrote:
    nijineko, I finally read the 5e UA Psionic Options, and I like them—particularly the Wild Talent feat and the Rogue soulknife option. Both seem like we could seamlessly integrate them, and I'm now considering making a NPC soulknife to introduce the PCs to psionics vis-à-vis (initially) unexplicable telepathy.

When I feature this NPC, I'll post here again to comment on how it went.

I look forward to hearing your analysis of the options themselves, as well as your impressions from gameplay experiences!
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: