Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - So I finally took the plunge into 5e...
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- D&D 5th Edition
    So I finally took the plunge into 5e...
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:47 pm  
    So I finally took the plunge into 5e...

I dig the new system I must admit! I started out with the original rules & played thru 2e, read 3.x but never played.

I'm going to intro locals to D&D at the local library, I believe it'll mostly be middle school ages & up. I'm a newb with 5e rules but perfectly comfortable DMing in general.

I prefer to use the Greyhawk setting -- aside from Ghosts of Saltmarsh, are there any other 5e ready conversions out there? I'm willing adapt what I have, but hell, if someone has already done the heavy lifting, I'm game to use it! I'll complicate things further by saying I don't want to break the bank, so PDF is probably the best for me.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:04 pm  

Welcome to 5e, jtylerk! As a longtime DM and player of all of D&D’s editions, I’m glad to tell you 5e is easily the most user-friendly version of the game and converting old AD&D, 2nd edition, or BECMI modules is fairly simple most of the time. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

With regards to converted GH stuff, you should check out Tales From the Yawning Portal. It’s an anthology of old modules updated for 5e. Although the titular Yawning Portal tavern is officially located in the Forgotten Realms, there are a number of updated GH modules here: C1 The Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan, S2 White Plume Mountain, G1-2-3 Against the Giants, and S1 Tomb of Horrors.

Goodman Games has released their Original Adventures Reincarnated line of books, which includes GH adventures S3 Expedition to the Barrier Peaks and T1-4 Temple of Elemental Evil. Each contain the original module, the 5e conversion, as well as a ton of expanded material. I love these books but alas…there are no PDF versions available to buy.

That’s what I can think of off the top of my head. Even still, I have had very few problems converting old modules on the fly, swapping the monsters on a 1:1 ratio. It may not always balance out perfectly, but it keeps with the spirit of the game as it was originally intended.

Hope that helps.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:37 am  

That does help, thanks much! Did a preview of both suggestions, they're both exactly the kind of thing I am looking for. Yawning portal is an easy to get pdf as well, so that simplifies things quite a bit.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- D&D 5th Edition All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: