Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Wondering if anyone can tell me the Maneuvering Ratings
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- AD&D 1st Edition
    Wondering if anyone can tell me the Maneuvering Ratings
    Novice

Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:57 pm  
    Wondering if anyone can tell me the Maneuvering Ratings

Hello all

Maybe I am not reading the books correctly or I am looking in the wrong place on the web but I can not see anything that tells me what the flying Maneuver class ratings for the Wraith, Spector, Stirge, Homonculus, Giant Pterosaur, and the Level II:Herzou demon are in the Monster Manual 1. Also in the Monster Manual 2, the Maneuver class ratings for the raven and the hawk as well as the Nonaton Modron seem to be missing and I can't find anything for errata anymore that fixes this.

any help or advice would be most welcome!!!
    Master Greytalker

Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:26 am  

Because of the publication history, none of the creatures in Monster Manual (published 1977) have maneuverability classes listed. That attribute was introduced in Dungeon Masters Guide (published 1979). The Monster Manual II entries are omissions, as you noted. There’s no official 1st Edition answer to your question, but the 2nd Edition Monstrous Compendiums statted these creatures as follows:

Maneuverability class B: hawk, homonculous, raven, spectre, wraith
    Maneuverability class C: stirge
    Maneuverability class D: pterosaurus

The hezrou doesn’t fly.
    Novice

Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:05 am  
    Thanks very the great reply

Thank you so much for that information. I hope my follow up question is not an an opening to a big debate but I am wondering if 2nd edition is 1st edition cleaned up or if it is a whole new game?
    Master Greytalker

Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:52 pm  
    Re: Thanks very the great reply

LordEnoch wrote:
    Thank you so much for that information. I hope my follow up question is not an an opening to a big debate but I am wondering if 2nd edition is 1st edition cleaned up or if it is a whole new game?

To those of us playing 1st Edition in 1989, 2nd Edition seemed like a radically different game. In retrospect, they’re probably the two closest editions of the game.
    Novice

Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:13 pm  
    This is great information

I will see what kind of a monster I can try to create by mixing the 2 when needed
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- AD&D 1st Edition All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: