Official epic GH modules
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:26 am  
    Official epic GH modules

Are official epic GH modules exist?
    CF Admin

Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:48 pm  

Yes. They do exist.
    WG6 Isle of the Ape is for AD&D First Edition but is marked for levels 18 and up, as well as WGR1 Greyhawk Ruins and Return to Tomb of Horrors for 2nd Edition.

Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:51 pm  

Well I can't say theres a LOT thats epic level. Though the ones I'd recommend for Epic Levels would be Isle of the Ape, Tomb of Horrors/ Return to the Tomb of Horrors, and perhaps...Die Vecna Die would be the only one ones that ring truest in this fashion.

If I find any more I will tell you. =)
    http://www.oerthjournal.com http://www.greyhawkonline.com/duicarthan
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:04 am  

Thanks

But I meant after 20-th level, not 18-th.
    CF Admin

Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:12 pm  

Vasiliy wrote:
    Thanks

But I meant after 20-th level, not 18-th.

Other than WG6 Isle of the Apes suggested 18th levels and above I'm pretty sure your out of luck if your looking for official GH modules going that high..as a sidenote to that there isnt a whole lot of high/Epic level stuff published period.
    Looking back for other high level GH stuff WG10 Childs Play was for 13-15th levels and looks pretty flexible in a pinch for a high level game but I wont vouch for its GH content or value. Confused

Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:57 pm  
    Storm Lord's Keep

The only module I am aware of that is/was written as Epic is Dungeon #93, Storm Lord's Keep, which takes place in the Yeomanry when an angry Giant from the Sulhaut mountains comes around, causing trouble from his artifiact level cloud island home.

In another thread (my Epic guide to Greyhawk) I outlined many modules that I believe can be or should be adapted to Epic level.

One thing of note is that what was a good encounter for 15th level characers in 1E/2E days is likely easy to adapt to Epic level - and since you have to convert anyway.

Like someone said, there isn't much of anything Epic published. Now that it is in the SRD, there could be more, but not Greyhawk. Dungeon has a new adventure next month for 30th level - but I am not aware if it is Greyhawk.

I think in general any Epic stuff would need to be highly personalized anyway. Best to start with a good plot idea, which the other high-level adventures give you, and then adapt the encounters/defenses to be Epic level opponents, and all is good.

ROB
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun May 15, 2005 8:42 pm  

I don't have my copy handy, but wasn't Queen of the Demonweb Pits epic or at least near-epic in scope? I seem to remember struggling with that one quite a bit.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon May 16, 2005 4:40 am  

HI
    nezbangi wrote:
    I don't have my copy handy, but wasn't Queen of the Demonweb Pits epic or at least near-epic in scope? I seem to remember struggling with that one quite a bit.

Well, the initial 1E version of the module was for 10th-14th level characters. Not quite Epic level, but I agree, this one is Epic in scope. In 3.5E, taking on Lolth in the end is not do-able. I think the levels were a little low, and are definitely low in 3.5E terms. I am currently re-tooling that adventure for 19th-20th level characters. I am using a 20th level cleric Proxy of Lolth (Div Rank 1) instead of Lolth herself at the end. Most of the other creatures have stats in 3E, so it is not too hard to convert and advance them - like the handmaidens of Lolth are in Monsters of Faerun, and the vermin are in the MM.

I will post what I have when I get it ready,

ROB
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- EpicHawk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: