Canonfire :: View topic - RPGA scenarios
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    RPGA scenarios
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon May 16, 2005 10:45 am  
    RPGA scenarios

Hi

Sorry for newcomer's question.

Are RPGA scenarios available for people, who do not participated in RPGA? If not, will early scenarios be available in nearest future?'

Thanks
    CF Admin

Mon May 16, 2005 11:54 am  
    Re: RPGA scenarios

Vasiliy wrote:
    Are RPGA scenarios available for people, who do not participate in RPGA?
    Adventures from the RPGA are ONLY available to RPGA members who have a sanctioned, scheduled event through the RPGA. You must have an RPGA number and log in to order adventures for either a sanctioned Home Game, Gameday or Convention.

Vasiliy wrote:
    If not, will early scenarios be available in nearest future?

No. The RPGA has been clear for many years that retired adventures will not be made available to anyone after they are retired from play, generally two years for a Living Greyhawk scenario.

I know those answers suck. Many of us would love to get our hands on RPGA adventures (well, some of them). But, they are just no publicly available. I do not recommend becoming a member to just download adventures. Because, you are still required to report your sanctioned game results.

Happy gaming.

Mon May 16, 2005 12:08 pm  

Thanks
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri May 27, 2005 7:26 am  

I told with my freind from the Moscow. He said me terrible news. Evil pirates sell Living Greyhawk scenarios on CDs in the PDF format on the Moscow's streets! Almost any not only core, but regional module can be buy from these dishonest people. I told my friend, that even if he send me these CDs, I'll never will use them.

I think that we, Greyhawk lovers, must to blame these vile actions!
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri May 27, 2005 6:22 pm  

Which street? Wink
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat May 28, 2005 4:18 pm  

Tiernan wrote:
    Which street? Wink

Mail me.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon May 30, 2005 9:30 pm  

Vasiliy wrote:
    I told with my freind from the Moscow. He said me terrible news. Evil pirates sell Living Greyhawk scenarios on CDs in the PDF format on the Moscow's streets! Almost any not only core, but regional module can be buy from these dishonest people. I told my friend, that even if he send me these CDs, I'll never will use them.

I think that we, Greyhawk lovers, must to blame these vile actions!

Not really hard to get your hands on cracked modules no matter where you are. Heck, my friend has scrounged the net for hundreds of them with suitable downloading programs.

On a side note, does Russia have many players and do they actually play Living Greyhawk? I once offered to run regional/meta-regionals to one player (from St. Petersburg I think) if he ever visited Helsinki but never heard back from him.

S.H, Ahlissa (Naerie) webslave
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue May 31, 2005 10:04 am  

Hi, Simpi

>Heck, my friend has scrounged the net for hundreds of them with suitable downloading programs.

Could you ask your friend to share with me?

>On a side note, does Russia have many players and do they actually play Living Greyhawk? I once offered to run regional/meta-regionals to one player (from St. Petersburg I think) if he ever visited Helsinki but never heard back from him.

Many people in Russia (especially in Moscow and St.Petersburg) play in D&D, including Greyhawk setting. Russians like to leave terrible real word for nice fantasy world, especially after USSR time. Fantasy was actually prohibited in USSR. But Russia is not in the Living Greyhawk list. And for Russian it is not so easy to go in other country to play LG.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue May 31, 2005 10:26 am  

Vasiliy wrote:
    Many people in Russia (especially in Moscow and St.Petersburg) play in D&D, including Greyhawk setting. Russians like to leave terrible real word for nice fantasy world, especially after USSR time. Fantasy was actually prohibited in USSR. But Russia is not in the Living Greyhawk list. And for Russian it is not so easy to go in other country to play LG.

If you happen to be resident of St. Petersburg, you could try to get into RopeCon (http://www.ropecon.fi/) since I believe at least train tickets might be reasonably priced between St. Petersburg-Helsinki. There will be 5 DMs running LG games in RopeCon.

But at least you always have core modules to play if nothing else.

Apprentice Greytalker

Tue May 31, 2005 11:44 am  

Simpi wrote:
    If you happen to be resident of St. Petersburg, you could try to get into RopeCon (http://www.ropecon.fi/) since I believe at least train tickets might be reasonably priced between St. Petersburg-Helsinki. There will be 5 DMs running LG games in RopeCon.

But at least you always have core modules to play if nothing else.

Unfortunately I am resident of San Francisco Bay Area now. Therefore I have not a illegal access to LG modules.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue May 31, 2005 11:59 am  

Vasiliy wrote:

Unfortunately I am resident of San Francisco Bay Area now. Therefore I have not a illegal access to LG modules.

No problem then, you have plenty of regionals to play if needed Happy

Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: