JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Vecna.
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Vecna.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:00 pm  
    Vecna.

I have been doing some research on Vecna and Kas, I do not own any of the modules that deal with them. I have a few questions:
    1. Was Vecna a worshipper of Lolth? Some of the stores I have read talk about a Spidered Throne that he sat upon.
    2. Where was his Empire.
    3. What was / is Kas, Human, Elf?
    4. What’s the connection between Vecna and Acererak.

Also what are some good sources that are canon for more on this subject.
    Thank you.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:30 pm  

There is a 2e module called Vecna Lives that will have a great deal of information.
    http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=Reviews&rop=showcontent&id=71

Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:06 pm  
    Re: Vecna.

Vecna was never referred to as a worshipper of Lolth in any source that I'm aware of (though maybe Tharizdun, through his reading of the tome "The Fate of Lost Tilorop")

Vecna's realm... the Occluded Empire, probably spanned from northern Keoland to the northwestern shores of the Nyr Dyv. and the Fals Gap.

For Kas, I would say he was most likely an Ur-Flan Human Fighter (Anti-Paladin? Blackguard?) before becoming a vampire.

I've also never seen any connection between Vecna and Acererak other than that they were both Liches.

LordNelson wrote:
    I have been doing some research on Vecna and Kas, I do not own any of the modules that deal with them. I have a few questions:
    1. Was Vecna a worshipper of Lolth? Some of the stores I have read talk about a Spidered Throne that he sat upon.
    2. Where was his Empire.

Thank you.
    Master Greytalker

Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:02 pm  
    Re: Vecna.

LordNelson wrote:

Vecna has more titles than any other figure I know of. The Spidered Throne is attributed to him, but there is no connection to Lolth AFAIK.

LordNelson wrote:

2. Where was his Empire.

Debatable. Pre-GH Wars, there was no set location. Pre-LGG set it in rumors as being around the Nyr Dyv. LGG places it clearly in the northern Sheldomar, centered in present day Gran March.

LordNelson wrote:

Human. The second Vecna module mentions that the people of his realm speak Flan.

LordNelson wrote:

AFAIK officially, none. Joe Katzman wrote a history of Vecna that posited Acererak as a student of Vecna. Joe's work was used as a basis for the Vecna graphic novel, but I don't know if this particular connection was used in that source.

LordNelson wrote:

Thank you.

The soon to be released next issue of Oerth Journal will include the first installment of a detailed history of the Sheldomar. This includes a summary of cannon information about Vecna.
    My campaigns are multilayered tapestries upon which I texture themes and subject matter which, quite frankly, would simply be too strong for your hobbyist gamer.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mp7Ikko8SI
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: