ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - The Outline
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Gran March Gazetteer
    The Outline
    Master Greytalker

Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:01 pm  
    The Outline

Ok,

It is time for us to begin whipping this thing into shape. I have spent the last few days going over the stuff I have in my folders, and will take the next few days to read up on our older conversations and the Website.

However, from my project file alone, there are over 50 articles or parts of articles. I think we need to begin structuring this baby, so that we can more effectively fill in the gaps. On my system I have nothing about religion, clothing, literature, or most of the baronies. My point is, this thing has become fairly massive.

So where do we begin? I am working up a table of contents. I think we have two projects in one here. The Gazatteer, and the Gazatteer website. We can put everything on the website, and scale it down for a print version.

Thoughts?
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:08 am  

AM: "Thoughts?"

Use other gazetteers to help you get an idea of what should go in and what should be left out. The readers will have certain expectations based on what they have read before.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:28 am  

Gazatteer Exclamation Anced I have picked you up on this before and now I see poor Wolfsire going the same way, please I know you colonials can't speak the language properly but at least spell it correctly, its Gazetteer.

Ok rant over, as for the format of the gazetteer I think on the website I used the old '83 WoG gazetteer format, you know the one we all spent hours reading in our younger days. The gaz should cover topographic features by county (such as rivers, towns, woods, places of interest etc) and I think there should be general chapters on dress, lifestyle, religion, etc.

Your Yabu, Guardian of the Queen's English Wink

Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:00 pm  
    Proper spelling

Actually Yabs you will note that If I use the term Gazeteter twice in a post, it will always be spelled differently. I go back and do this just because it endears me to you. Happy

I think our Gazetteer should include a little more on politics and culture, particularly religion. But this does sound like a good start. I also liked Gary's Keoland works. I think our gazzeter shoud also include a little more detail on economics and daily life. Without that, the people in most campaigns end up looking like adventurers.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Gran March Gazetteer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: