Huband/Boyfriend
    9%
     9%  [ 1 ]
    Total Votes : 11

Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:20 pm  
    Family Poll

Hi!

I don't know if this is the right palce to do it, or if it has been done before but here it goes. In another topic Anced_Math said his wife played D&D (mine does too!) and I thought about asking our community about family and D&D. Smile

Saludos,
    Gabriel

Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:08 am  

My wife plays in my thursday night 1e game, she doesn't play in my monday night 3.5e game.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:35 am  

My wife played - for 4 hours :)

The kids can't read yet, but they love the dice... so that's a good sign.
    CF Admin

Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:08 am  
    None

None of my family plays the game. I almost got my wife to play a minis skirmish with me last summer.

For years after I started playing as 13-year-old in 1984, my dad use to always say, "That game will rot your brain." Because of his comments, nobody else in my family played. Thing is, Gary Gygax's writing in 1st edition products use to send me to the dictionary more than my school books! And there was no element in my life that sparked my imagination and promoted creative thinking more than Dungeons & Dragons. I bought my first thesaurus so I could find the right word as a young dungeon master long before any school required me to use one.

My dad still says that, twenty-two years later. Despite the fact that I graduated from college, was an officer in the army for nine years, have a couple of professional licenses and a wife, daughter and home.

This is off topic. But this poll brought out my D&D testimony. Most games out there require much less thought and imagination. Like most recreational activities in life, taken in moderation, I think playing this game can be good for you.

Happy gaming.

Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:05 pm  

My wife plays, and all three children play. My wife also DMs on occasion, but has no interest in DMing a long-term campaign.

The children are my pride and joy. My daughter started playing at age 6 (she's 8 now), my oldest son at 4 (he's 6 now), and my youngest son at age 3 (he'll be 5 in November). They all love the game, and I've devised a simpler set of rules for them.

My oldest son has even tried DMing a time or two. He's actually not bad for a 6-yr-old (a little too combat-oriented, though, as you might expect).
       Canonfire Forum Index -> The Backalley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: