ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Relaunch of the Recent Postfest
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Relaunch of the Recent Postfest
    CF Admin

Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:11 am  
    Relaunch of the Recent Postfest

Hey, all.

Let me share some details with the community about our recent 2005/2006 Winter Postfest. We received very few submissions. Perhaps it was the holidays. I don't know. I do know that we want more submissions.

I shall hold the submissions we have and extend our deadline to Sunday 5 March 2006. Consider this a relaunch of the recent Postfest. If you wanted to submit, but ran out of time, this is your chance to submit.

Adventure submissions do not have to be fully statted and mapped out adventures (but, they can be if you want). Since the Postfests are neutral regarding rules set, adventure stats are subordinate to the Postfest's main focus: Greyhawk content. Devising an adventure outline is sufficient. All we need is a kernel of an idea - a locale, a goal for intrepid adventurers (even just a chance for plunder), and perhaps an idea for a villian or monster to serve as the big bad evil opponent.

So, let's try again. Take another four weeks and type out some notes on a Greyhawk adventure outline. Then, submit those notes to the Canonfire! Web site with the Postfest in the Title line.

Sound okay?

Last edited by Greyson on Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:55 am  

Sounds good to me. I will finish up "The Prison." No stats, no map, just GH content regarding a pocket part plane.
    CF Admin

Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:42 pm  
    Perfect

Wolfsire wrote:
    I will finish up "The Prison." No stats, no map, just GH content regarding a pocket part plane.
    Perfect, this is just what we want to see.

Anyone else want to go for it? I certainly encourage all of our patrons to give it a shot. I hope to see more.

Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:12 pm  
    I guess I could give it a try...

I was hesitant to try for the Postfest as I'm afraid to be ripped for having a lame adventure. But what the hell!? I've got like 75 minutes of extra time each day (also known as my Asian Civ class) so I guess I could give it a shot. Smile
    CF Admin

Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:48 am  
    Do It, CP!

Coldpenguin625 wrote:
    ... so I guess I could give it a shot.

Excellent, CP. We'd love to have you as a contributor. I look forward to seeing your submission.

Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:37 am  

Hey, that's cool, I was travelling over the holidays, and was still stuck in insane-work mode. I'll see what I can pull together :D

Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:14 am  

It seems appropriate for reference in relation to this postfest for adventures. At the RPG Archive I found this series of 5 Greyhawk homegrown modules collectively called Temple of the Elements. They appear to be rated very well, though I have not read them. http://www.rpgarchive.com/index.php?page=adv1&advid=278
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:30 am  

A few more Greyhawk adventures from the RPG Archive:

The Forgotten Hero, http://www.rpgarchive.com/index.php?page=adv1&advid=92

The Fountain of Pelor, http://www.rpgarchive.com/index.php?page=adv1&advid=84

The House on Summoner Court, http://www.rpgarchive.com/index.php?page=adv1&advid=101, which has also appeared the OJ.

There may be others that are specifically Greyhawk, but I could not find them. All the same, there are lots and lots of adventures and I would guess that many could be dropped into Greyhawk.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: