Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Ok! Here's one for you Darlene guys!
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Ok! Here's one for you Darlene guys!
    CF Admin

Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:09 pm  
    Ok! Here's one for you Darlene guys!

What would you suppose the Darlene Coordinates for Pellak, the new capital of Bissel, to be?

The post war era is somewhat new to me, so grant me some slack. Wink

I'm nearly finished with my HUGE project!

Last edited by abysslin on Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    CF Admin

Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:20 pm  

Also if anyone would care to speculate on the Darlene coordinates for Rary's Tower in the Bright Desert (Lands) I loved to hear it.

I unfortunately don't own "Rary the Traitor" so am not privvy to location information on this subject. Sad

Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:16 am  

I'll take a crack at both of those. Also, I have submitted nine maps to CF so far and once they are posted, there will be some extra info for the very subjects you are asking about, since one map is of Bissel and the other is of the Bright Desert. Each map has the location you asked about marked on it, although they are at roughly 1/2 the scale of the Darlene maps.

Now as for your questions:

1. Pelalk: I would place this in Hex F5 65, near the middle of the hex.
    2. Rary's Tower: This one is in the Brass Hills, at V3 91, right above where it joins with Hex V3 92.

Let me know if anyone sees a flaw in my plotting. Also, if you have any other locations you want to know about, don't hesitate to ask, either here or by PM.

Hope that helps!

Thu Jan 29, 2004 12:13 pm  

Thanks, Braggi!

I'm nearly done converting the Darlene map to a fully compatable post-war map at the same scale. Just needed those 2 locales and need to finish up labelling the cities and different terrains of the western 1/2 of the Flanaess. Prolly will be submitting it tomorrow.

It's been a big project, but I hope to bridge the gap bewteen the old 'hawkers and new 'hawkers with it by submitting it to CF! Then we'll all be on the same page when quoting coordinates. I'm sure anybody that is relatively new in to the setting in 'hawk terms and any grognard playing in the post war era will really dig it.

As I stated above though, it is a post war map much like the one that comes with the LGG, but to Darlene scale and coordinates.

As it stands now in .bmp it's 31.3 Mbs. Unfortunately .bmp is the only supported image type of the primitive hexmapper I'm using. Hopefully, once I'm finished and convert it to jpg or similiar it will drop to around 3 Mbs without losing too much resolution! Eitherway, I think most people will find it very useful and the look isn't appaling by any means.

Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:29 pm  

Just curious, what is the software you use to create maps like that for the computer anyway. I have been wanting to do that for my home campaign but don't even know where to begin. I don't really care much for the Campaign Cartographer application at all. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
    CF Admin

Thu Jan 29, 2004 2:38 pm  

Once I get home, I'll let you know the official names of the 2 programs I use, Rhineglade.

Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:10 pm  

Heya Rhineglade.

For mapping, I use Core Rules 2 and Expansion. It came with a default mapping program that had three modes: Outdoor, city and dungeon. (The expansion added an indoor mode as well.)

The mapper is really simple to use, but that also means it has limited selection for terrains and objects. so, sometimes you have to be creative. The main reason it grabbed me is because the overland output looks a lot like the Darlenes in style and it is fairly easy on the eyes.

The main problem with the program is that it has no "output to bmp or jpeg" function. So, to copy a finished map you have to do a screen shot using the Print Screen key, then drop the image into a paint program or graphics editor. Then you have to crop out the junk you don't want and finally, if its a big map, overlay the pieces to get a finished image.

Sorry for the mini-lecture, but you did ask.

Smile

Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:38 pm  

MS Photodraw v2 & AKS Hex Mapper are the programs I use.

Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:37 am  

Thanks guys for the info. I'll have to check those out. I wonder if they have the "Dummies" version yet?
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: