Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Celestian, Grazz't, and Waukeen?
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Celestian, Grazz't, and Waukeen?
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:45 am  
    Celestian, Grazz't, and Waukeen?

This contains spoilers for the FR mod For Duty and Deity

Yesterday, on another thread, there was discussion of the FR module For Duty and Deity. Looking through this for the first time in a couple of years, I was intrigued to notice that there is mention of Celestian in the Adventure Background section.
    It seems that Waukeen has been missing from Toril since the Time of Troubles - being stuck as a mortal in the clutches of everyones favorite demon lord Grazz't. Well - Waukeen ended up in this predicament trying to make her way back to her home in Outlands, smuggling herself to be specific. It seems that Celestian owed her some sort of monumental favor that she felt compelled to call upon. Smuggling a deity in mortal form past the Overgod Ao is a pretty darn big favor. Does anyone know of any other sources that link these two deities from very different spheres?

Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:36 pm  

That's the only reference to that particular pairing, I think (you might have to ask in a FR forum to find someone who knows for sure, but it feels like a throwaway reference to me).

The book On Hallowed Ground did that sort of thing a lot, though. After all, the gods share the same set of outer planes (in 2nd edition), regardless of where their worshippers dwell, so it's not surprising they interact. That's the main benefit of including many campaign settings in the same cosmology - it's easier to have gods and other beings from a variety of worlds make alliances, war, and trade.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:39 pm  

I'm actually going to use this module in my GH campaign, a preiost of Celestian hires or blackmails the party to undertake this quest on behalf of his diety.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:40 pm  

If I'm not wrong, Celestian is a major deity in Spelljammer, his cult, although originated in the Greyspace sphere, very wide across the setting. Which is quite natural, as his portfolio is very useful when travelling across space.

Last edited by GoldGreatWyrm on Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total
    Adept Greytalker

Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:43 am  

Celestian has another tie to the FR, in that he helped the Mulhurandi/Untherian deities find the Forgotten Realms after thier worshipers had been snatched from thier plane of origin to serve as the slaves of the Imaraski emprire (or some such crap).
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: