ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Dyvers City Campaign: Privilege of the Sword
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Dyvers City Campaign: Privilege of the Sword
    Site Theocrat

Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:00 am  
    Dyvers City Campaign: Privilege of the Sword

Hi all -
    I'm in the prep stages for my upcoming campaign set in Dyvers, called Dyvers: Privilege of the Sword. I'm looking for information on the city itself as well as its surroundings. Of course I've checked the LGG and such, but I'm looking for more specific information. Anna's map for the GH region is awesome and it includes Dyvers enviorns as well.
    But back in the late 90's I thought a group was using Dyvers. Maybe the RPGA, but I wanna say something like the Greyhawk Council. I've kinda looked here at CF! but I haven't found much that I was particulary looking for.
    I'm planning on using Necromancer Games' Bard Gate sourcebook as Dyvers, as it's pretty well filled out, but has plenty of non-examined areas (unlike Ptolus which every little alley dumpster is detailed). Of course, BG is split by a river, so that does complicate a few things, and so I'm kinda concerned about that, but figure the players won't notice as much (there is no river or stream that the city is on), but could make a small cove-like entrance and that would allow for the split.
    The only other thing besides BG that could be out there is Harn's cities, but I don't know of any off hand that would be suitable. Well, actually, if there is some good things out there for Dyvers, then of course.....
    Can anybody point me in the right direction? Or pass along whatever they've worked on for the city?

What adventures have people used around the region? Or what things have people used for adventure around any major city. I'm going to be using the moat house from ToEE (just the layout) as a ruined keep just outside Dyver's region (outside of Eastguard Keep) that actually lies in Greyhawk's Environs. But it could be easily contested. Right now I'm going to populate it with "good-ish" bugbears. The leader is going to be a Dwur-Bugbear mix, that will either kick some butt or be willing to work with the group. When the party reaches the moat house and gets in, they will find that a Wyvern has kicked out the bugbears and two bugbears are fighting the wyvern. So if the party helps out, then the bugbears will be nice, if not....

The idea is that no matter what the party does, they'll be heroes upon returning to Calatran. The captain of the guard will send them back to Dyvers and then they'll meet the Leader who will ask them to do the Funeral Procession mission from a recent Dungeon mag.
    The Gnarley Forest is nearby and I will be having a small wooden fort there, only about 3hrs into the woods.
    I haven't planned much beyond that. Again the Funeral Procession mission is more to make them popular with the leadership and citizens of the community. I'd like them to work well with people and have adventures that keep them in good light.

When they are roughly 8th level, I'd like to have the citys leaders held captive by a Dread Lich Titan (Green Ronin Dread Lich Titan template from Advanced Bestiary), and have him be in charge of the city. Of course he's too powerful for them to take on, so I'm looking at doing something where they help or resuce an adventuring party that was trying to stop the DLT. Because I don't want to re-stat out a bunch of NPC's, I'm considering not having the leaders killed. Although I could use the BG leaders stats and then use the LGG names when the DLT is gone.

So as a re-cap, I'm looking for information, maps and adventure plans and outlines for Dyvers and it's surrounding areas.
    Thanks for any help you guys can offer and provide.

Thanks,
    Theocrat Issak

Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:02 pm  

Smile If you live in Würzburg, Germany, count me in as a player. Laughing Wink

Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:43 am  

The 2E Slavers adventure has quite a bit of Dyvers info, as well as the whole Wild Coast. Its set in 591 CY.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:40 pm  

Most of the "official" Dyvers sites have vanished.
    I took all that I could when I was visiting them.
    I have a number of good maps of Caltaran, Maraven, and Westguard as well.
    Send me a message if you want things.

Skech
    CF Admin

Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:55 am  

Before LGH apparently worked on Dyvers, the Oerth Journal featured a column, Dyvers: City of Sails. I don't recall if the project featured any city maps. I found the one in Slavers okay-not-great.

Long ago I used the "Cleric's Challenge" 2e module (of that series featuring solo adventures for each class) for Caltaran and found it worked well because of the stream / river that passes through / near it (marking the western boundary of the domain of Dyvers.

My long-running 1990s Greyhawk campaign visited Dyvers often. I ran the adventure card regarding the crazed dwur jeweler Dorshak Krane (sp?) but changed it to reveal that Dorshak was possessed by a devil. This adventure eventually led the PCs to Pazunia.

I developed the Guild of Dweomers a little, and one of the PCs became lovers with its mistress. The PCs also encountered one of my old villains, a chaotic neutral drow, whom is often hunted by priestesses of Lolth.

The Dyvers part of the campaign featured political friction with the Kingdom of Celene and the waking of a very old green dragon in the Gnarley Forest.

From GreyTalk, I recall another fan leveled Dyvers with twin attacks by ancient dragons.

I think that undead titan might be related to the ancient Isles of Woe--coming from the depths and perhaps requiring your PCs to venture there to learn how to defeat it. They might encounter that purple dragon described in another old Oerth Journal column.

Some thoughts...
    Master Greytalker

Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:22 am  

Dyvers : OJ #4

Sent an article I have via pm
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: