Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Ongoing index
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Welcome to Greyhawk!
    Ongoing index
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:44 am  
    Ongoing index

Has anyone committed themselves to indexing Greyhawk materials as the become aviable? I notice there are alot of old annotated indexes but Dungeon, for instance is doing a lot interesting things. Similarly, Wizards sometimes comes up with decent Greyhawk references in its products although, from what I have seen mostly in 3.5 it is just filler.
    CF Admin

Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:06 pm  

I'm due for an update to my Dungeon index, but I haven't been indexing the 3.x stuff at all otherwise.

Anyone know why Russ stopped? His site was always a good pointer for where worthwhile GH content appeared in books: http://www.cmc.net/~rtaylor/greyhawk/product_chron.html

In terms of actual indexing of the content vs. just the sources, Jason Zavoda and his helpers are the only ones I've known doing that: http://www.harvestersheroes.com/cms2/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewforum&f=22

Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:01 am  

grodog wrote:
    Anyone know why Russ stopped? His site was always a good pointer for where worthwhile GH content appeared in books: http://www.cmc.net/~rtaylor/greyhawk/product_chron.html

Allan,

I would imagine that it was Russ' deep involvement in Living Greyhawk as a player, judge and long time triad member. The last one is a huge time sink (he is retired now).

Also factor in he got married a few years ago and time becomes scarce.

I know he is running Age of Worms (or was when I talked with him a month ago) so he might be generating new Greyhawk stuff or not.

Bryan Blumklotz
    AKA Saracenus
    Master Greytalker

Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:14 pm  

In case anyone's still interested, I'm starting a comprehensive topical index of canon material. It's going to take a loooooong time, but it's coming.

My intention is to follow it up with a complete encyclopedia, with a "grand history of Greyhawk" to follow a year or three later.

My one problem - there are still a few canon sources I haven't been able to acquire. Feel free to pm me if you want a progress report. Also, if you know of a canon source and you want to make sure I don't forget it, make sure you tell me about it so I can update my list of sources. I don't want to leave anything out.

My overall goal is to have all this stuff finished before WotC decides they were stupid to stop publishing GH stuff. This is a huge project - pray for me!
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Welcome to Greyhawk! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: