Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Books, Librams, & Tomes, oh my!
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Books, Librams, & Tomes, oh my!
    Journeyman Greytalker

Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:15 pm  
    Books, Librams, & Tomes, oh my!

Hello, Fellow Canoneers,

I have good friends that happen to love gaming and their GM (me). For my birthday they want to spend their cash on new gaming books to enhance our Greyhawk experience. We all know that there isn’t anything new specifically for Greyhawk out at this time, but they are looking for a few good “gaming-library-must-haves” to complement our play time. Any recommendations would be great, but I was wondering about recent WoTC releases in the last two years. Which ones have any Greyhawk content, not just the default generic setting stuff. Which should I avoid? I know that this is a bit broad, but since the forums are a bit slow, I didn’t think anyone would mind.

Here’s a few that I am considering: Book of Exalted Deeds, Maelstrom, Sandstorm (I believe that the RGPA used this heavily last year), Book of Aberrations, Libris Mortem (sp, the Undead Guide). If you do rate these (or any other products) please use a “letter grade” scale.

Please and thank you, in advance.
    Master Greytalker

Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:45 pm  

I highly recommend the PHB II and the DMG II. They are my favorite of all the recent publications.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:41 am  

I second the PHB II and DMG II. These are excellent sources if you don't already have them. Also, while I don't remember a whole lot of GH specific material (except for some Moilan Lore and Moilan Zombies of Return to the Tomb of Horrors fame) I highly reccomend Libris Mortis. I have gotten very little use out of Sandstorm and Maelstrom, but we do occasionally pick up the Book of Exalted Deeds. It's very helpful, but rather specific. Works great for the classes forced to be Lawful and/or Good.
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: