JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Longitude/Latitude coordinates for Greyhawk
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Longitude/Latitude coordinates for Greyhawk
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:11 pm  
    Longitude/Latitude coordinates for Greyhawk

Does anyone knows about a map (JPEG, PDF) with Longitude and Latitude ?

thanks
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:40 pm  

Here's one showing most of the Oerik with 5 degree latitudinal increments - http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/5878/gridgeo.gif. Gary Holian did this one of the whole Oerth which has both longitude and latitude in 45 degree increments - http://www.greyhawkonline.com/canonfire/oerthlat1.jpg. The prime meridian runs through Greyhawk City, naturally.
    Site Theocrat

Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:03 pm  
    Weathering Oerth

Hi all -
    In my 6th year project, Weathering Oerth (started June 2001) I used the original Darlene Map to figure the Longitude and Latitude for each of the cities on that Map using GLH and REM's works from Oerth Journal and other posts and notes.
    I was doing this to determine the weather of each city based upon an Earth equivelent latitude and longitude.
    If you have a specific city or three please post them and I'll give you my possible range so long as they are on that original map.

Be Well.
    Theocrat Issak

Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:14 am  

Just wondering, has anyone done a list of Longitude/Latitude of each city, for quick and easy reference?
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:30 am  

Funny you should ask. Just latitude though. Smile

With comparisons to RW cities.

Duxchan – 20 degrees N – Campeche, Santiago de Cuba, Mumbai, Hanoi, Mecca, Maui
    Loftwick, Naerie – 25 degrees N – Miami,
    Niole Dra, Highport, Prymp, Rel Astra – 30 degrees N – New Orleans, Houston, Cairo, Shiraz, Lhasa, Shanghai
    Hookhill, Hardby, Rel Mord, Asperdi – 35 degrees N – Tehran, Malta, Tangier, Albuquerque, Memphis, Chattanooga
    Lopolla, Critwall, Radigast City, Kaport Bay – 40 degrees N – Baku, Madrid, Naples, Denver, Indianapolis, Philadelphia,
    Ekbir, Dorakaa, Rookroost, Marner – 45 degrees N – Portland, Minneapolis, Montreal, Harbin, Bordeaux, Belgrade
    Yecha, Eru Tovar, Vlekstad, Krakenheim – 50 degrees N – London, Luxembourg, Dresden, Calgary
    Land of Black Ice – 55 degrees N – Copenhagen, Belfast, Moscow
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:38 am  

There might be conflicting info on where the prime meridian is. I know the map I listed above that shows longitude has it running through GH City, but I want to think that another canon source says it runs through Rauxes, or maybe it was Rel Astra? It's in The Adventure Begins, I think. I'll try and track it down. Not sure if there's a source other than the map that shows the PM running through GH city.

EDIT: Yep. It's in tAB. In fact, there is a good deal of info on navigation and geographic coordinates. A blue obelisk, erected by the Royal Guild of Navigators, just north of Rauxes marks the site of 30 degrees N, 0 degrees east. GH City is 36 1/4 N, 17 1/3 W. Also, apparently the issue of determining longitude at sea has been solved with the help of the priesthoods of Istus, Cyndor, and Lendor.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: