POSTFEST MAY 2007: Magic Items & Artifacts
    CF Admin

Thu May 17, 2007 6:35 pm  
    POSTFEST MAY 2007: Magic Items & Artifacts

Ok!

Postfest is here!
    The Articles are in!

We've got 10 great reads!
    We've got 3 new Canonfire 1st time contributors!
    We've got a bunch of users eager to read!

Read it, learn it, live it. And let's not forget, DISCUSS it!

I'd like to personally thank everyone that supported the postfest. I really enjoyed all of the submissions (which I will comment on in this thread, individually, once I get some sleep). It was a great mix of authors. We had the new crew, the old heavy hitters, and alot of different tastes and styles rounding the event out. Props.

Incase you skipped the homepage the link below will navigate you to the POSTFEST page.

POSTFEST MAY 2007: Magic Items and Artifacts

Alright, so anyway. Please use this thread to discuss the latest Postfest.

(I think that's gotta be the most exclamation marks I've ever used in 1 post! Wink )

Fri May 18, 2007 7:14 am  
    Re: POSTFEST MAY 2007: Magic Items & Artifacts

abysslin wrote:

We've got 10 great reads!
    We've got 3 new Canonfire 1st time contributors!

Great numbers Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Wink

Fri May 18, 2007 3:15 pm  

Thanks, everyone, I really enjoyed it. Great articles, participation, turnaround and fun.

Fri May 18, 2007 9:19 pm  

Good show everyone and I'm glad to see the newer writers more involved this time. Congrats to all.
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Fri May 18, 2007 9:19 pm  

Yes! Thanks to Abysslin, Gary, Rick and everyone else who made this thing happen. And thanks to all the posters, especially you first-timers for making the leap.
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Fri May 18, 2007 9:44 pm  

I've read them all. I have to say that these are ten quality articles. I was suprised that their was not at least one that I did not like. I can be kind of hard on magical item descriptions and writeups. I won't comment on all the articles because I prefer the old way before the whole spammer thing however I will state my top 4 usually I would say 3 but these 4 articles stood out to me. Cryptical Armaments of the Hool,The Dagger of Misfortune, The Relics of Al Akbar, and The Eye of the Kraken.

This is the order I would Rate them
    Tied for first The Eye of the Kraken, and Cryptical Armaments of the Hool
    2nd is The Dagger of Misfortune
    3rd The Relics of Al Akbar

The Eye of the Kraken and Cryptical Armaments of the Hool seem to have a real mytholgical feel to them that really brought the story of how these items came to be. With the history behind them just as interesting as the items are themselves.

The Dagger of Misfortune has an interesting theory behind it and I really liked the inclusion of a Baklunish superstition founded from the story of this dagger.

The Relics of Al Akbar (if this is your first submission I look forward to many more from this author). I liked the inclusion of the first actual follower of Al Akbar the item descriptions were well detailed and complemented the story nicely.

I would also like to give an honoray mention to Lilith for the Cube of Dur Ahnce. I was more interested in this character then the actually cube, that is what gave the slight edge to the Relics of Al akbar over this article for me. However I'm looking forward to a story on Dur Ahnce himself. Even though only a short amount of info was shown on this character he really peaked my interest. Happy
    Master Greytalker

Sun May 20, 2007 5:58 pm  

I have to say that the entries were excellent this time around. Each of these itesm is of such quality that I could craft a campaign around each and every one of them. I wish that I had time to explore such campaigns. And players to play them.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:42 am  

All of these articles were outstanding, and everyone did a great job. Each of these has many possibilities for grand roleplaying and could easily serve as a centerpiece in a game.
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: