Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - I need help (Picking a god for my next profile article)!
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Readers Workshop
    I need help (Picking a god for my next profile article)!
    Adept Greytalker

Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:18 pm  
    I need help (Picking a god for my next profile article)!

In addition to the gods that are already profiled, I've done writeups for Procan and Vecna, and they've already been submitted.

So, now I'm taking requests for other gods. If I get enough demands for one particular deity, I'll do him/her, but otherwise it'll be first come, first served!
    <div align="left">Going to war without Keoland is like going to war without a pipe organ.&nbsp; They both make a lot of noise and they're both a lot of dead weight, so what's the point in taking them along?&nbsp;</div>
    Master Greytalker

Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:34 pm  

I would like to see something original. A lost god, maybe a small one. Not an earthshattering one, but a small local god that is no longer around. A demi-god, or a servant of a greater god.
    Adept Greytalker

Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:27 pm  

Anced_Math wrote:
    I would like to see something original. A lost god, maybe a small one. Not an earthshattering one, but a small local god that is no longer around. A demi-god, or a servant of a greater god.

I need specific names. What written Greyhawk god should I do next? I'm not going to be making up my own gods.
    Master Greytalker

Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:53 am  

Wasnt there a lost god buried under the Pomarj or some such. I know I saw it here on CF, but I cannot find it. It was said to be canon.

The well known gods already have many write ups. How about one that is barely mentioned.
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:03 am  

Anced_Math wrote:
    Wasnt there a lost god buried under the Pomarj or some such. I know I saw it here on CF, but I cannot find it. It was said to be canon.

The well known gods already have many write ups. How about one that is barely mentioned.

Yeah, I think it is from an alternate world called "Earth" Wink

Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:03 am  

Anced_Math wrote:

You mean the Earth Dragon? Alright then-I know a different slant I can take with this article.
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:12 pm  

How about someone we don't hear about much? I'm thinking of Joramy. I'm working on a history of the Oeridian pantheon and didn't quite know what to do with her until I noticed one of her domains is war. So I'm going to treat her mainly as a war goddess, not as slaughter hungry as Hextor but definitely edgier than Heironeous. I'd be interested in seeing what other people make of her, especially you, CSL.
    Forum Moderator

Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:04 pm  

There is a good write up of Joramy in one of the Oerth Journals. The Earth Dragon could be a winner for development. If you want obscure, try out the Baklun pantheon. Moquol is literally as old as the LGG for instance, so I'm not aware ANYONE has ever written anything about him.
    Adept Greytalker

Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:21 pm  

mortellan wrote:
    There is a good write up of Joramy in one of the Oerth Journals. The Earth Dragon could be a winner for development. If you want obscure, try out the Baklun pantheon. Moquol is literally as old as the LGG for instance, so I'm not aware ANYONE has ever written anything about him.

Well, I'll do the Earth Dragon next, although admittedly it wasn't on my list. I really don't like the Earth Dragon-but then, that's probably because of the utterly bland and colorless presentation of him in Slavers-really, what makes this Generic Evil Cult stand out from any other?

But, like I said, I have a few ideas on how to develop him. Of course, he won't be like any Earth Dragon Sean K. Reynolds ever came up with.

That's a good thing, mind you.

:P
    <div align="left">Going to war without Keoland is like going to war without a pipe organ.&nbsp; They both make a lot of noise and they're both a lot of dead weight, so what's the point in taking them along?&nbsp;</div>
    CF Admin

Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:48 am  

IMC, My PCs (Scarlet Brotherhood Agents) had some dealings with the Earth Dragon Cult. They (Earth Dragon Cultists) were stealing slave shipments en route to the Tilvanot from Pomarj.

Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:24 am  

On my read through of Slavers, I thought that The Earth Dragon was another name for The Elder Elemental Eye, with just an empthasis on earth over the other elements.
    Master Greytalker

Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:25 pm  

Actually, I was refering to another demi-god trapped in Pomarj. I cannot remember the name, but it was discussed on the forums. I will continue to try and find the name, but an interesting write up of the Earth Dragon would be very good.

Thanks for the work btw.
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:27 am  

Anced_Math wrote:
    Actually, I was refering to another demi-god trapped in Pomarj. I cannot remember the name, but it was discussed on the forums. I will continue to try and find the name, but an interesting write up of the Earth Dragon would be very good.

Thanks for the work btw.

Not so much trapped as sleeping until he is called forth to kick some. His name is Krovis and he's detailed in "See the Pomarj and Die!" DRG #167.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Readers Workshop All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: