Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Hero-Deities - Epic Level NPCs?
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- EpicHawk
    Hero-Deities - Epic Level NPCs?
    Adept Greytalker

Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:56 am  
    Hero-Deities - Epic Level NPCs?

Has anyone done writeups of Kelanen, Murlynd, Keoghtom, Heward, et al, as epic level NPCs? Or are they beyond even this? I'd be interested to see...

Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:04 am  

Have you tried looking at Dicefreaks:

http://dicefreaks.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3500

Heward http://community.dicefreaks.com/viewtopic.php?t=3777
    Kelanen http://dicefreaks.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=599
    Murlynd http://community.dicefreaks.com/viewtopic.php?p=70859

I don't agree with them all, but they are the only ones to do such stats that I am aware of.

ROB
    Adept Greytalker

Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:36 am  

Unfortunately the Dicefreaks boards are still down and most of the deities have not yet been reposted on Dicefreaks blackops boards.

The herodeities were around level 40 iirc and at Divine Rank 0 (though there has been a strong argument for Myrlund to have DvR1).

Ripvanwormer (aka rasgon)´s Heward was the most impressice of those threads, including great fiction.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu May 08, 2008 11:39 am  

Murlynd should either be Divine Rank 1 or in the process of becoming so. That might make an interesting epic adventure. If Zagyg needed to imprison nine demigods to ascend, what would Murlynd need to do? It would have to be something that is compatable with his alignment, so it would need to be a different path. A group of PCs may have to undertake an adventure in order to help (or hinder if their alignment and/or motives dictate such) this process.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu May 08, 2008 4:35 pm  

This is a great adventure idea, especially if you don't want the PCs to ascend. I was already thinking the same thing about Keoghtom. He has appeared more than once in my campaign - and not in the same temporal order as the PCs encountered him. :) I was planning to bump him to DvR 1 as well. But I don't know how. Something to do with helping the Party take down Iuz I think.

There are as many ways to ascend, I would think, as there are deities - and then some. I don't think any 2 ascend the same way. Kelanen had to past tests of athletics, acrobatics, and swordsmanship. Zagyg had to maser binding - binding the unbindable demigods, Iuz - well we don't know how he did it - before or after he was captured. I think it was before, by harvesting the power of the undead - the Soul Husks - rumored to be undead ancient Suel Power Mages. Mayaheine was sponsored by Pelor for acts of Valor.

So Murlynd, you have to consider his background. Plane hopper, not bound by mortal limitations (gunpowder), perhaps he has already done enough to earn DvR1 - or the PCs could help him find and control another new technology that would make that happen. If he could invent something....epic!

ROB
    Adept Greytalker

Tue May 20, 2008 11:57 pm  

In Murlynd´s Early Adventures & Subsequent Ventures: The Epidemic, and Heads Down! tzelios describes how Murlynd was invloved in the passage of the mythical holy sword Fragarach from Tir-nan-Og to Oerth. Maybe that was one of the quests he had to complete?
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- EpicHawk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: