Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Red Hand of Doom
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:14 am  
    Red Hand of Doom

Has anyone use it in Greyhawk ?
    Master Greytalker

Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:03 pm  

I have the module but my PCs are to high level for it. Normally I would rework the encounters but they have such a long list of things to do already that I decided it would have to wait. I was impressed with it though from the several times I looked at it.

The map made it very difficult to incorporate into Greyhawk without having to redo it however. I don't know if you have already purchased it but geographically it was put in Sterich for the Living Greyhawk campaign. I found this snippet from the Living Greyhawk campaign website.

Quote:
    The Red Hand of Doom adapted adventure is a standard multi-round, five-part adapted adventure, set in the March of Sterich.

The map that came with it shows lots of small woods, hills,mountains, etc. and the overall distance of the map covers I believe 200+ miles. The adventure itself, like I said, haven't used it but was impressed with what I read.

Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:10 pm  
    Great Adventure

I love Red Hand of Doom. I judged it twice for two Living Greyhawk groups, taking about one hundred hours of play each. It overlays nicely on Sterich. The only big Greyhawk problems are the swamp and its elves and lizardfolk. I think the geography is the only real challenge to reconcile to the Flanaess.

If it could somehow be fit so that Bone March plays host to the Doom Horde, I think you'd have an even better situation. Have the Rakers replace the Wyrmsmoke Mountains, and you'd be set. Vraath Keep could be in the Flinty Hills, or maybe an outpost of Ratik, further east.

Lots of possibilities.

Don (Greyson)
    Nyrond Triad
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:31 pm  

I reversed the map and with some other minor refits placed it in the E valley corner of Tenh, with Calbut being the initial town and High Hadleigh fitting in as Brindol.

'Its not what you are doing, its what you look like doing it.' Unknown Bard.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: