Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - The enemy within campaign
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- Heresy!
    The enemy within campaign
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:03 pm  
    The enemy within campaign

Evening,

I have been toying to have my player go through the warhammer "The enemy within" campaign.

1-Do you know if anyone has ever transform this campaign into D&D ?
    2- What would be the best realm in Greyhawk to do this ?
    Forum Moderator

Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:23 pm  

I think Greyhawk and Warhammer would port together perfectly (except for the religions). I don't know the specifics of Enemy Within but I'd say your best bet is always the Great Kingdom for Warhammer mods. It has the right feudal system, geography and brutality for that tone of game.
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:55 pm  

I remember some of this series from way back. I love Jim Bambra's work. I'd set it in western Keoland along the Javan River with either Cryllor or Flen standing in for Bogenhofen, although you might use a smaller town along that river. Bogenhofen was on the Reik wasn't it? If you don't have much info on either check out the LG Kingdom of Keoland document available as a pdf here - http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=lg/lgmp/20030515 The Javan should serve well as a stand-in for the Reik through Death on the Reik. The parts after that I never read so I can't really make any suggestions on that.
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:54 pm  

I did not know if was a series, but I have one of the mods, and thought it was great, but never played it. Jim bambra, that explains much. I agree with smillan about location.

Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:25 pm  

The Enemy Within campaign is the WFRP equivalent to GDQ and to Masks of Nyarlathotep for CoC: it's the big uber campaign that everyone should play or run at least once!

It's also portable to GH, in particular if you're interested in one of the empire-era lands like the Great Kingdom (before or after it's turn to evil, could work well with both), Keoland, or the Suel Imperium.

Individual scenarios from it could be pulled out and inserted just about anywhere/anywhen in GH.

The campaign was reprinted by Hogshead, in addition to the original GW editions, and Carl Sargent wrote the 4th book, The Power Behind the Throne (in fact it was his efforts on behalf of WFRP that lead to him getting the 2e GH line). Some further info at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Enemy_Within_Campaign
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- Heresy! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: