ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Lendore Isles
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Lendore Isles
    Novice

Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:07 pm  
    Lendore Isles

I have a quick question:

I have found in most recent publications that the Lendore Isles are ruled by elves...and they speak Lendorean Elvish that may not be taught to anyone else!

Elsewhere, I have found that someone can be decended of Lendore, a Suel Wizard who created the City of Glass...

So which is it? Is this Suel Wizard Lendore a new creation from the Regional Feats for Greyhawk...

Or is there something to him really existing?
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:37 pm  

Here is a link to material which expounds upon the City of Glass and the mage Lendore.

http://forums.gleemax.com/showpost.php?p=1654354&postcount=3

Also, this is the wrong forum for this thread to be in. This forum is for Help & Feedback regarding this website and the Greytalk mailing group, not for help in finding general Greyhawk information. Your thread should have been posted here:

http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=1&sid=c10bff4d6e55d3fb058c2e0dd2dd36ea

No big deal though. Everybody has to get their feet wet sometime or another, so welcome to Canonfire!. Happy

Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:47 pm  

Thank you for the information...but I'm still stuck on something:

If this Lendore is indeed a mortal human, does he have any connection with the Suel God Lendor...founder of the Suel Gods?
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:16 pm  

Yes, he was just a mortal wizard(albeit a very powerful one). People just assume that he has simply been named after/in honour of the god Lendor. That is about it.

Maybe somebody else has other info/links.

Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:26 am  

I'd love it if somebody bit the bullet and drafted an update article on the Isles. al the info from the Bone Hill and Assassins Knot mods is totally out of date.

Don't look at me tho - I'm doing my gazeteer entry for Geoff!
    Master Greytalker

Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:23 am  

Just don't tell Leomund. He's really sensitive about the subject.....

There was interesting discussion on the subject of Lendor, Lendore, and the Lendore Isles last year (IIRC). I'm sure the thread can be turned up with a search. It sort of ended when Len Lakofka (Leomund) stopped in to rant at anyone daring to do things differently than his home version (which isn't what has been published).

But it is nevertheless a pretty good discussion of the topic. There are others if you do a search.

http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2057&highlight=lendor+lendore
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:55 am  

I sort of agree with Len on this one as, just design-wise (Don't get me started about the Wild Coast), I HATE what was done to the post-war Lendore Isles.

Yet another reason to restart campaigns over in 576 when I run them.
    Master Greytalker

Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:18 pm  

Oh, there's a number of things to dislike about the post war material and the "elvish retreat comes to Greyhawk" is certainly high on my list. And the wild coast is certainly another.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: