JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - The pass in the Lortmil Mountians
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    The pass in the Lortmil Mountians
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat May 03, 2008 7:12 am  
    The pass in the Lortmil Mountians

Is there any specific information on cities, towns or forts in this pass? If this used to be a major caravan route there needs to have been some support along the way.
    CF Admin

Sat May 03, 2008 4:50 pm  
    Three Passes

I understand there to be three passes across the Lortmil Mountains - all of them exceedingly difficult to negotiate.

Trail of Tears between Veluna and the Duchy of Ulek used during the Hateful Wars and the Greyhawk Wars. It is the only trail still used, as the other two are effectively closed by Celene.

The Silver Path is the northern dotted trail on the Darlene map between Tringlee and the upper reaches of the Handmaiden River, west of Enstad.

The Hidden Road is the southern dotted on the map that runs from the Celene side of the Lortmils sixty miles south pf Enstad to the northenrn hills of the County of Ulek.

Oerth Journal 2 makes mention of all of these, but there are few details. But, I don't think that any of the passes are "major caravan routes." No maps exist of the passes specifically. I don't think any surface forts exist in the central Lortmils, in mountains passes or not.

Edit: I just noticed that the Paizo map of the Flanaess also has Silver Path and the Hidden Road.

Don (Greyson)
    Nyrond Triad
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon May 05, 2008 6:41 pm  
    Re: Three Passes

Yeah, I have been thinking about what you said. I think I will "compromise" what I have written with the story with the "history" as stated. Perhaps I will open up a dwarven town/outpost and the restart of trade across this region. I planned for Celene to open up to trade but not its "borders". Caravans will start moving along the 'edge' of Celene and will be under the watchful eyes of the elves.

Greyson wrote:
    I understand there to be three passes across the Lortmil Mountains - all of them exceedingly difficult to negotiate.

Trail of Tears between Veluna and the Duchy of Ulek used during the Hateful Wars and the Greyhawk Wars. It is the only trail still used, as the other two are effectively closed by Celene.

The Silver Path is the northern dotted trail on the Darlene map between Tringlee and the upper reaches of the Handmaiden River, west of Enstad.

The Hidden Road is the southern dotted on the map that runs from the Celene side of the Lortmils sixty miles south pf Enstad to the northenrn hills of the County of Ulek.

Oerth Journal 2 makes mention of all of these, but there are few details. But, I don't think that any of the passes are "major caravan routes." No maps exist of the passes specifically. I don't think any surface forts exist in the central Lortmils, in mountains passes or not.

Edit: I just noticed that the Paizo map of the Flanaess also has Silver Path and the Hidden Road.

Don (Greyson)
    Nyrond Triad
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: