JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - greyhawk illustrated blog
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    greyhawk illustrated blog
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:12 pm  
    greyhawk illustrated blog

hey, i have been using cannonfire and its resources for over a year by now, but have yet to have much of anything to share. but i just wanted to share with you my illustrated blog of a greyhawk adventure i recently DM'd

http://oldgreyhawk.blogspot.com
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:15 pm  

Hey aquarist, thank you for sharing that... I like it! Happy

AG Cool
    Forum Moderator

Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:56 pm  

Incredibly cool idea aquarist! Your compositions are sophisticated and the characterizations are humorously understated. The border art for each entry gives one the feel of published Greyhawk. Keep it up!
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:40 am  

hey, thanks guys! i based the forest border off the 83 world of greyhawk boxed set. i was going for that old feel. the understated humor, well that just comes so naturally, especially when someone is playing a gnome.
    Site Theocrat

Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:49 am  
    GreyhawkOnline.com

Hi all -
    Hey Aquarist, those are very cool. I own GreyhawkOnline.com (GHO) and host Mort's W.o.G comic, the Oerth Journal (on OerthJournal.com) and my own Theocracy of the Pale site, in addition to many other Greyhawk stuff (Grodog, the Gran March project, Bryan's Shields of Greyhawk).
    If you'd like to have hosting on GHO I'd love to have you hosted. I don't charge and can offer you bandwidth, e-mail and whatever else you may need/want.
    I do it really because I'm greedy and lazy. I don't want to forget that you're on blogspot - which has already happened even though I"ve just typed it - so having it on GHO is easier for me! But with it, you have a spot that other Greyhawk fans recognize.
    If you'd like to have a nice spot to have your drawings, campaign logs and other things, you're very welcome to have them and I'd be honored to host them (I feel that way of all the stuff that's on the site, as Mort's comics are awesome, the OJ is just an awesome product with Rick in charge and we all know Grodog's work).
    Even if not, awesome work. I agree with Mort, I too like the borders - very reminiscent of the original era of books.
    Keep it up and do it at least once a week!
    Shyt, I actually wanna get a copy of your border just for my own use my site! I promise I'd update the GHO main page (cause it sucks right now), and Mort's GHO logo is really cool, but with that border I could make in awesome.
    OK, I'm done with the kiss assing!
    Be Well.
    In His Path and Glory We Follow,
    Theocrat Issak of the Church of the One True Path

Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:06 pm  

Very nice Smile

I look forward to their upcoming adventures...
    Adept Greytalker

Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:47 pm  

I find that immortalizing adventures in just this way to be fun and a good thing to look back on for inspiration in further games.

In the past I have novelized the events of a campaign, and just recently I made a yahoo-group for my game; the database of which I keep track of the events of each session, the date in and out of game, the exp earned, and what adventure they were in. It helps me to look back and try to never change the rhythm of the adventure.

The largest reason I have not put any of my novelized stuff up is because I kill the sacred cow pretty often. I mean, I connected Sinister Secret at Saltmarsh to Shattered Gates of Slaughtergarde and then to Ghost Tower of Inverness. I pretty much just wanted to avoid having to explain myself, though I believe that the spirit of Greyhawk is weird combination just such as those.

You should use a program like Poser to base your poses on to ad variety. You probably are not showing off your artistic skills with the comic, but I have to tell you that your backgrounds are easily the best of it, which is usually the least focused on. I believe that a good background outweighs strong character design--it gives a good sense of setting.

To summarize my view of a good comic book, look at the Luna Brothers' works. To summarize comics I distaste, look at Rob Liefeld.
    Site Theocrat

Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:37 pm  
    Updates

Hi all -
    Aquarist, Mort updates his Web comic once a week (Thursdays), and it seems you're doing it daily. Other than this line of post, are you recruiting viewers elsewhere?
    I really like the story so far, although, I'm surprised at the Goliath just going off and attacking everybody in the bar, and equally surprised at the Gnome for dissing him and bailing on him. What type of druidic order are they part of? Sure the goliath came in a bit late, but they were traveling companions. Maybe a side trek of the Goliath's trial or jail time (if short) or if flows into him being undercover might be cool.
    Again, I like it. It may not be the top notch art of Nodwick, Order of the Stick or even Mort's, but it has a little something that makes it Greyhawk.
    Please keep up the good work.

Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:17 pm  

Excellent illustrated tale, aquarist---it reminds me of Finieous Fingers :D :D

Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:50 pm  

I've been eagerly awaiting the next episode....I mean I even have it saved to my main. Shyt, I don't even have WoG saved to my main-open everyday folder. I open it the day I need too, Thursday.
    This is really a good thing you've got here. It's kinda like my Greyhawk Stargate fix...SG Atlantis is ending, SG1 is done and I'm eagerly awaiting SG World game and SG Universe...I"m waiting to see what the dog and druid do next.
    Be Well,
    Theocrat Issak

In His Path and Glory We Follow,
    Theocrat Issak of the Church of the One True Path of Pholtus

Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:20 pm  

Wow I'm top notch? Anyhoo, it's good to have more artists in the Greyhawk community and I think your blog format is something that will catch on perhaps.

p.s. I despise Rob Liefeld too! ;)
    Adept Greytalker

Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:14 am  

mortellan wrote:

p.s. I despise Rob Liefeld too! ;)

...me too..

oh, great work friend!
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: