JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - NPC listing
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    NPC listing
    Kobold Pinata

Sat Jul 12, 2003 12:55 am  
    NPC listing

Given the up and coming PostFest is to revolve around NPC's (whoops... was I not meant to reveal that?), I figured I'd try and start people off and help get a few mossy balls rolling in the fields of imagination which may have remained stagnant for too long.

In other words, I'd like to hear about some NPC's and make up a sortof list. People could use it to draw inspiration for the PostFest or just to aquaint themselves with GH luminaries.

Not that NPC's listed should be limited to ones that are known about in canon sources. I fully encourage y'all to post your own GH NPC's.

A suggested format is to just list the name of the NPC and what class or classes he/she/it has and why you like them. I'm not looking for detailed writeups, save that for the PostFest :)

Also, the respected Iquander mentioned something about wanting to do a spot of GH NPC promotion along the lines of the Critical Threats and whatnot (oops, was that a secret too?), so there's even more reason to post!

Obviously I would like to see Delglath and Lakaster statted up. PIty my versions of them require certain adjudications to be made which may or may not gel with standard d20 rules :(

Another NPC I'll probably stat up is one of my own creations, Heronis who stars in my 'soon to be posted' article on Rinloru.

He's a ranger (3.5 ed) with a few rogue levels who served as a scout early in the Greyhawk wars and later became an independant operator under a program that Grenell instituted that worked much like terrorist 'cells' but with the focus on information gathering rather than strikes.
    In more modern times, only Delglath of Rinloru is known to have crafted any items from the stone of this atrocious place. Even masters of the dark arts such as Xaene and Karoolck would hesitate to follow.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Jul 22, 2003 7:50 am  

Serkėring

he is the father of one (of the two) assassins'guild in Rel Astra, called "the dark moon". He always wears a leather mask (nobody knows why).

He will be detailed in Rel Astra's compendium, soon on line (but in french, sorry)...

bye
    Novice

Thu Jul 24, 2003 4:37 pm  

I never made up stats on this NPC, mainly because he didn't last very long. I just ran him off the seat of my pants. The NPC was a full blooded ogre, I tossed him in to the game because the party was low on fighters.
    I had my party come across him while he was eating a cow - yes a whole cow. He wasn't evil, he latched on to them like a lost puppy. He followed them through several game sessions causing them no end of grief but saved their butts several times. They spent half their gold and treasure just to keep him fed and bribing town gaurds not to attack him. He was so obnoxious, he kept trying to carry off barmaids, pick fights and eat everything he came across. If I was ever at a loss for something to do I'd have him start some trouble.
    Strangely, he brought the party together and got them to work and fight together better than they'd ever done before. Eventually half the party was killed including him. They were more bummed about his death then their own characters dying. I'm even sorry he died, kinda wacked huh?
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: