JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - DDM Miniatures for T1
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    DDM Miniatures for T1
    Adept Greytalker

Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:25 pm  
    DDM Miniatures for T1

These are just suggestions of miniatures from D&D miniatures game (as they are pre painted), so feel free to change them as you will. Dogs, children, common women…we don’t have those in DDM, but there are plenty of those here: http://paizo.com/store/byCompany/m/megaMiniatures/animals
    http://paizo.com/store/byCompany/m/megaMiniatures/fantasyMultipacks (in Town Folk).
    But those you have to paint, so if you have time, go for it ;)

Also, I tried to select the cheapest ones.

For the Village part, there are not many miniatures, but some that could be used:

-commom farmers:

-Elmo. Now, that’s a hard to find!
    This one is Rare (but not expensive), and a little “barbarian” to me:

Could just use a more “ranger” type (but with no BIG axe)

-Elmo’s father, Orin (I got the name “Orin” from the “Battle for the Moathouse” - http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=30216#30216 )

He looks vaguely “elder”, but he have the looks of “old times fighter”

Inn of the Welcome Wench:
    -Ostler as sergeant of the militia:

-drunken random guy (a little too old for me to be Elmo, but could be Ostler or the Braumaster)

-Zert. I like this, but he is kind of ….obviously evil :P:

Could be this:

-Spugnoir. Such a funny name. He don’t want to attract attention, but beside this, think this is a funny one:

-Furnok.:D

-Turuko. Just cut the tip of the weapon and you have a staff!

-Kobort

Traders:
    -Gremag, in Assassin mode

-Rannos. He’s not fat, but looks a little placid. Don’t know why, my players always went to the Traders by night, so the lantern seems right to me.

-Man-at-arms. Rannos and Gremag “rent” this guy, but I don’t know if he have a name. A long bow and long sword user.

Moneychanger:
    -Melubb’s guard

Druid’s Grove:
    -Jaroo

If that’s too much, maybe just a “old sage”

-Jaroo’s bear

-Brother Smith. Another hard to find. There’s not much Druid figures, but I like this, although its and elf, and a young one:

Maybe these could be it too:

The thing is, he is described as “short but brawny”, so he could be played by a dwarf, as in DDM, the dwarfs are the ones if less proportion between themselves (some are tiny, and some are human height!)

The Tower:
    -Burne

For a more “shadowy” figure:

-Rufus. He looks like the silent type. The first one have the axe, but looks a little evil.

Or just a plain fighter

-The guards. There’s some guards in the tower, so here’s my shot:

-Burne’s Badgers. All of those miniatures are very easy too find. Some I have already showed here.

Church of St. Cuthbert
    -Calmert

-Terjon
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:01 pm  

Hey rossik, nice job! Smile

I've played and tried to set up Living Greyhawk/FR games to reflect the creatures in the scenarios and have a few plastic figs for my Living PCs, and the group I play in use them extensively. It is a “nice to have” and alleviates combat issues.

I've become a bit obsessed Confused with getting the proper type of figure for my games, so the majority of the home game scenarios are geared to this, with eBay being a good resource for the specifics, sometimes though it’s been a bit expensive, so it was back to “alternative” resources.

The metal figs (Reaper Mins) were slightly expensive as well, but great for developing a personal feel to them and I do prefer my players using Reaper metals for their PCs. It’s a great way to have the players over for a “figure painting night” Happy with LotR or Conan playing in the background and we chow down on pizza, plus it’s a great way to talk about the game and as a DM get feedback from the players and get more ideas for the direction of the game.

But not to digress, I’ve taken a hobby blade and paint to several of the plastic figs to change them to suit the need. They are great for the numbers of zombies, kobolds, or larger specialty figs... I’ve also adapted the LotR plastic and metal figs, which I find great for kingdom representation and loads of orcs and goblins...one box works out to a little over a dollar a figure... can’t beat that. Cool

There are a number of modules I would like to run again with mini’s (mainly because it was a different approach for me at the time...way back when the minds imagination was the combat board), specifically “Tomb of Horrors”... a project in the works. Wink

Thanks for the T1 figure suggestions. Smile

Cheers

AncientGamer Cool aka BusterBudd
    Adept Greytalker

Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:40 am  

BusterBudd wrote:
    Hey rossik, nice job! Smile

I've played and tried to set up Living Greyhawk/FR games to reflect the creatures in the scenarios and have a few plastic figs for my Living PCs, and the group I play in use them extensively. It is a “nice to have” and alleviates combat issues.

I've become a bit obsessed Confused with getting the proper type of figure for my games, so the majority of the home game scenarios are geared to this, with eBay being a good resource for the specifics, sometimes though it’s been a bit expensive, so it was back to “alternative” resources.

The metal figs (Reaper Mins) were slightly expensive as well, but great for developing a personal feel to them and I do prefer my players using Reaper metals for their PCs. It’s a great way to have the players over for a “figure painting night” Happy with LotR or Conan playing in the background and we chow down on pizza, plus it’s a great way to talk about the game and as a DM get feedback from the players and get more ideas for the direction of the game.

But not to digress, I’ve taken a hobby blade and paint to several of the plastic figs to change them to suit the need. They are great for the numbers of zombies, kobolds, or larger specialty figs... I’ve also adapted the LotR plastic and metal figs, which I find great for kingdom representation and loads of orcs and goblins...one box works out to a little over a dollar a figure... can’t beat that. Cool

There are a number of modules I would like to run again with mini’s (mainly because it was a different approach for me at the time...way back when the minds imagination was the combat board), specifically “Tomb of Horrors”... a project in the works. Wink

Thanks for the T1 figure suggestions. Smile

Cheers

AncientGamer Cool aka BusterBudd

thank you for the kind words, Buster!
    still have the dungeon part to do, but i have to say that i loved the "figure painting night" idea
    Journeyman Greytalker

Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:52 pm  

Shocked

I had no idea that Paizo dealt with mini's. More importantly, I had no idea Paizo dealt with such obscure mini's as Koala bears, raptors and dolphins. This means that I can use actual mini's for my current play group instead of the pennies I have been using to represent their summoned animals. I run a D&D game where two of the players are Druids and one of them is a multiclassed Druid/ Summoner.

The campaign is pretty strange at times and takes on a certain surreal Alfred Hitchcock (i.e. The Birds) quality at times with literally dozens of summoned animals pelting their opponents to death 1 hp at a time. Throw in the fact that I have discovered that the best thing to throw against Druids is other Druids and things can get pretty strange.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:59 am  

You should also check out Reaper Dark heaven Minis. They need more prep (have to be painted and all), but they are very unique, and have some very interesting minis. They have familiar packs, animal companion packs, etc. I like D&D Minis a lot (easier to handle and transport, and they don't break), but the reaper minis are just pretty. And its never "Elven Druid" Its "Belerath, Elven Druid" (as a ficticious example). Paizo still deals in them, but Reaper has a better way to view them on their site, including older minis. You will have to google them (Reaper Miniatures) to get their website.
    Adept Greytalker

Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:00 am  

MikelAmroni wrote:
    You should also check out Reaper Dark heaven Minis.

well...yes, thats what i have said at line 4 and 5 of my topic Laughing
    Journeyman Greytalker

Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:50 pm  

Embarassed Wink Happy

I was actually replying to manus-nigrum, but I guess it was stated in Ancient Gamer's reply. Didn't see it in your original topic, but I have been known to miss the obvious before, so I won't count it out.

On the topic of modifying minis, I turned a hobgoblin doomfist monk into a half orc monk and the changed a wild elf barbarian into his twin half orc sister (a barbarian/scout). Despite being two completely different races, after I got done painting them, you couldn't tell. Of course I learned to modify miniatures playing Orks in 40K with limited access to anything but basic models, so you learn quick how to modify and make something work from nothing.

On a more related note: I thought more of the ToEE crew had made it into miniatures. I'm obviously wrong, but still.
    Adept Greytalker

Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:10 am  

MikelAmroni wrote:
    Embarassed Wink Happy

I was actually replying to manus-nigrum, but I guess it was stated in Ancient Gamer's reply. Didn't see it in your original topic, but I have been known to miss the obvious before, so I won't count it out.

On the topic of modifying minis, I turned a hobgoblin doomfist monk into a half orc monk and the changed a wild elf barbarian into his twin half orc sister (a barbarian/scout). Despite being two completely different races, after I got done painting them, you couldn't tell. Of course I learned to modify miniatures playing Orks in 40K with limited access to anything but basic models, so you learn quick how to modify and make something work from nothing.

On a more related note: I thought more of the ToEE crew had made it into miniatures. I'm obviously wrong, but still.

no problem at all ;)

i havent done part too (the dungeons), but except fot the "big lobster" and "giant flea", i think that everyone have a miniature (gnolls, bugbears, ogre, undead, soldiers and even lareth have one, altought is the "raised dead"/ugly one)
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: