ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Thorvid
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Thorvid
    Novice

Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:15 am  
    Thorvid

Hello guys!

My name is Kleber, and i'm brazilian. I'm sorry by my english, but i'm until studing.

I play RPG since 1995, and I started with GURPS and AD&D. My better char, in all time, was a barbarian warrior called Thorvid. The inspiration from this char was a spellfire card (somebody remember, old times!) of the same name.

Someone know who was Thorvid? Does he a 4th ed. version or AD&D offial sheet?

Tks!
    Adept Greytalker

Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:42 am  

hi friend, im from brazil too!

and so is Larkas, but i think he is on vacation or something.
    welcome to Canonfire!

a fot your character, i didnt find any info, so maybe the sages from canonfire can help you better then me!

abraço
    Adept Greytalker

Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:55 am  

according to this site LINK he can also be found in the AD&D card set II, as card #357. that card should have AD&D 2e stats for him, and the overview on the linked page states he is a 16th level warrior.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:59 am  

Ah Spellfire, brings back some good memories of high school, trying to get Strahd's card.
    From what info. I could gather, Thorvid's card did have the Greyhawk label attached to it. However, the Spellfire cards were created using already existing art from the TSR art department. Sometimes the names of the NPCs the art represented was used and other times new names were made up (usually because the art didn't represent anyone in particular). When assigning world labels to the cards they generally were the same as the worlds of the products the art originally came from... but not always. Since I can't seem to find the picture for Thorvid's card anywhere on the net (and the name doesn't ring any bells with me) I'm going to hazard a guess that Thorvid was created for the Spellfire game.
    That's all a really long way of saying that I haven't seen 4th ed. stats for Thorvid Happy
    So my post isn't completely useless, based on the card's powers (a bonus against monsters, undead, and flyers), I would make Thorvid a Defender, probably a Paladin (but since I've never seen the art I could be way off base here).

Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:45 pm  

VictorVonDave wrote:
    Ah Spellfire, brings back some good memories of high school, trying to get Strahd's card.
    From what info. I could gather, Thorvid's card did have the Greyhawk label attached to it. However, the Spellfire cards were created using already existing art from the TSR art department. Sometimes the names of the NPCs the art represented was used and other times new names were made up (usually because the art didn't represent anyone in particular). When assigning world labels to the cards they generally were the same as the worlds of the products the art originally came from... but not always. Since I can't seem to find the picture for Thorvid's card anywhere on the net (and the name doesn't ring any bells with me) I'm going to hazard a guess that Thorvid was created for the Spellfire game.
    That's all a really long way of saying that I haven't seen 4th ed. stats for Thorvid Happy
    So my post isn't completely useless, based on the card's powers (a bonus against monsters, undead, and flyers), I would make Thorvid a Defender, probably a Paladin (but since I've never seen the art I could be way off base here).

yeah, i had a dragonlance Lord Gunthar with the picture of Caramon...very odd! eheheh

heres a picture of thorvid, just look at his name: http://www.trollandtoad.com/buyingview.php?buylistid=52
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:53 am  

That looks like the art from B11, which is set in the Grand Duchy of Karameikos of the Known World.

Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:58 am  

So, Thorvid really doesn't exist?
    Adept Greytalker

Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:39 am  

KleberSilva wrote:
    So, Thorvid really doesn't exist?

i think that, as many spellfire characters, he may not exist Sad
    Adept Greytalker

Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:40 am  

he certainly does exists as a 2e AD&D collectors card, which would have given him 2e stats.... he does not have a previous greyhawk providence though (as far as i can tell) and was likely made up for either the spellfire game or for the AD&D collectors cards.
    Adept Greytalker

Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:35 am  

I probably got that 2e AD&D collectors card at home. I'll see if i can transcribe the text for you, if you're interested.
    Adept Greytalker

Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:12 am  

Thanael wrote:
    I probably got that 2e AD&D collectors card at home. I'll see if i can transcribe the text for you, if you're interested.

please do! Happy
    Novice

Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:07 am  

Thanks everybody!

What about Tyrinon? http://www.trollandtoad.com/products/pop_product_image.php?productid=127995
    Adept Greytalker

Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:34 am  

rossik wrote:
    Thanael wrote:

please do! Happy

Strange, I went through my 92 factory set and couldn't find him in the Greyhawk cards. hmm.. Maybe i lost the card or it's hidden in the 91 box.

Yes, according to the incredibly useful TSR Cards list excel file available from the FoS he's in the '91 cards. I'll have to search through them, which will take a while, as i think i don't have them ordered by setting.

Last edited by Thanael on Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total
    Adept Greytalker

Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:36 am  

KleberSilva wrote:
    Thanks everybody!

What about Tyrinon? http://www.trollandtoad.com/products/pop_product_image.php?productid=127995

Tyrinon is also in the '91 TSR cards: #224 Greyhawk Tyrinon human paladin 16

The image used is from the cover of the Greyhawk Adventures hardcover.

Last edited by Thanael on Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:01 am; edited 1 time in total
    Adept Greytalker

Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:54 am  

the only ones i got are Grott Whakdit, Fizbot Soulhammer, Janus "Bad Penny" and Morgan Ravenstar (the guy running in Rules Cyclopedia cover)
    Adept Greytalker

Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:58 am  

Thorvid
    16th-level Warrior
    Race: Human
    AC: 0
    THAC0:5
    Movement: 12
    Hitpoints: 99
    AL: LG
    Equipment: two-handed sword, battle axe +3, bracers of defense AC2, boots of varied tracks.
    Background; Thorvid is remarkably agile for a man his size. His Dex (16) gives him an AC bonus. He has hated orcs all his life. As a boy, the region where he grew up was overrun with the creatures. He spends his life eliminating evil creatures to make the lands safe for common folk.

Tyrinon
    16th level Paladin
    Race: human
    AC: 0
    THAC0: 5
    MV: 12
    Hitpoints: 105
    Alignment: LG
    Equipment: sword +5 holy avenger, girdle of fire giant strength, bracers of defense AC2, helm of telepathy.
    Background: Tyrinon's Dexterity (16) gives him an Armor Class bonus. He serve his temple in any task they set for him, protecting the temple or journeying forth to help or rescue members of the church. He has neve refused a mission.

Typically for these old cards. Apparently not much though went into these descriptions and stats. I personally find some of the old cards inspiring but many more require a lot of work.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: