Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Thoughts of Greyhawk
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Welcome to Greyhawk!
    Thoughts of Greyhawk
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat May 02, 2009 12:59 am  
    Thoughts of Greyhawk

Gooday

Not sure where I am going with this but here goes -

My first game of AD&D was back in 89 with 2nd edition doing Temple of Elemental Evil.

Had two characters, Human ranger (dual wield) called Kimberly Swift and an Elven Thief with 19 Dex called Sabre Sleek (worshipped Loki)

The first beasty we came across in the woods during my first game was a Bugbear, which at first I thought was a large bee with a bears head (I was new to the game and had little introduction :P)

That group ended up fighting heaps of Dragons in the ToEE and skinning them, so walked out with heaps of black, red and white dragonhide armour. I think our GM used the 1st stats but made them abit tougher.

Back in the 90's I even ran campaigns on Greyhawk with Rolemaster and Paladium rules, both went well and my players have fond memories of those games.

After years of playing and running stuff on Greyhawk, Forgotten Realms, my own world and other systems I have returned to Greyhawk with 4th edition.

I've been scouring the Internet for archived stuff from Kurtz, Gygax, Moore and Arneson to make the Greyhawk flavour strong. Everything i've found so far is pretty darn cool (including the Oerth Journal stuff).

I tried Forgotten Realms and my own homebrew world, but I always had trouble fitting the adventure to the world, and the campaigns never seems to 'take off' - but the Greyhawk ones always did and there heaps of great areas to put all sorts of adventures.

I shall endevour to make Greyhawk live on in every way I can.

We owe it to Dave and Gary, we owe it to ourselves.
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Mon May 04, 2009 2:23 am  
    Welcome!

Welcome to Canonfire! blakeryan!

We look forward to any articles you submit and topics you post about. There is a veritable horde of information archived here, so enjoy having a look around.

Cool

Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:33 pm  

I don't believe 1st edition was released yet in 1989. As I recall for about six months all there was was a little pamphlet handed out free at gaming shops detailing the main differences between 1st and 2nd edition with a few pages from the new 2nd ed player's handbook. I believe it was 1990 when the new books were released; first the phb then the DMG. It has been 19-20 years though so my memory could be a bit hazy.
    Adept Greytalker

Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:13 am  
    Release Dates

1stt Edition's MM, PH,and DMG came out in 1977, 1978, and 1979.

http://www.acaeum.com/ddindexes/rulebooks.html

1st Edition cut over to 2nd Edition in 1988. See the last 1st Edition book notes for GREYHAWK Adventures:

http://www.acaeum.com/ddindexes/setpages/lateradd.html
    GreySage

Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:23 pm  

Welcome to Canonfire! Blakeryan. Happy

Looking forward to your participation and input. Be sure to check out the Greyhawk wiki on the home page, most anything you want to know is there. I know you'll enjoy being "here." Cool

Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:29 pm  

Welcome aboard blakeryan :D
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Welcome to Greyhawk! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: