JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Race Map
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Race Map
    Journeyman Greytalker

Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:09 pm  
    Race Map

Just for curiosity, is there already a map of the flanaess that underlines the racial spread through the land?
    Since we have very clear references on the LGG and FTA and the original box, it should be easy to do one. Suel in yellow, baklunish in blue, flan in brown, etc. Where mixed races exist one could use oblique lines (es. Sbf the land should be colored with thick yellow pattern and thin brown and blue lines). Etc etc.
    If someone could provide me with a white political map I could do it myself!
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:49 am  

Wasn't there ethnic distribution maps in the original Greyhawk Folio? Or was it in the first "boxed set" for Greyhawk? I'm feeling an urge to dig through the basement coming on...
    Journeyman Greytalker

Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:25 am  

Difonix wrote:
    Wasn't there ethnic distribution maps in the original Greyhawk Folio? Or was it in the first "boxed set" for Greyhawk? I'm feeling an urge to dig through the basement coming on...

Save you some digging Difonix, have checked my '83 set and there isn't one in there - only alignment and regional products. Don't know about the original folio though.
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:12 pm  

Difonix wrote:

The was a map showing the paths of the various ethnic group migrations, and the areas with large concentrations of Flan.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:40 pm  

Okay I am ready then.
    Where can I download a b/w political map of the Flanaess?
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:15 am  

http://www.meetup.com/Difonix/photos/842642/#16119449

It's a start at least.
    Master Greytalker

Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:15 pm  

Difonix wrote:

WoG p.14

Not a map but a list of racial composition in 31 regions
    My campaigns are multilayered tapestries upon which I texture themes and subject matter which, quite frankly, would simply be too strong for your hobbyist gamer.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mp7Ikko8SI
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:34 pm  

MToscan wrote:
    Okay I am ready then.
    Where can I download a b/w political map of the Flanaess?

I've got a jpg version of the nation map out of the original WoG setting that could be filled in pretty easily. The borders are for 576 CY though so you might have to edit them some.

PM me your email address and I'll send it to you.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:09 am  

I have already started. I am still unsure how to color it. Right now I am using thick colored lines for major race presence and thin lines for minor ones, but it doesn't look very clear. I am considering doing four overlapping maps one for each major race, using 50% transparency for minor presences.
    If it turns out nice, I might as well do the same for minor human ethnicities (olman etc) and demihumans.
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:44 am  

Actually, MToscan, it looks like I adjusted the borders for after the GH Wars on the map I sent you.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: