Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Greyhawk concordance - What now ?
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Greyhawk concordance - What now ?
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:00 am  
    Greyhawk concordance - What now ?

Hi all,

So here we are. It look likes enough people are interested in it to make it viable. So now comes the time to contribute. There are sooo many resources over there, that any help can be of use !

What we are looking for :

* Most of all, people having access to LG modules. If they can post a summary, and include it in a timeline, that will make a perfect backbone for the years between 591-600. The focus should ben on story arcs.
    * If anyone knows TRiad members of old that would like to contribute, they're more than welcome, of course.
    * Fan contribution are accepted. Perhaps it'll not fit in the main LG storyline, but hell, it's just more inspiration.
    * Any canonfire material can also be indexed
    * Proofreaders of course. My english is really not good when writing texts, and I'm afraid it could shock people to read me :/

So all begins here : http://www.torgan.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page. Come in, sign up, even for just a contribution, for two lines of text or three fancontributed entries.

Let's this Greyhawk be ours ! :)

-- Torgan
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:03 am  

Nicely organized, Torgan. I can't say if I can contribute content, as I don't have too much access to LG adventures but I'll certainly be reading and doing any proof-reading as needed. Thanks!
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:13 am  

Thanks for the keen words !

If you wish, as well as everyone around, I can provide some LG modules, of a given place or a given story arc. Just ask ! It's the best and fastest way to get going !
    Adept Greytalker

Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:25 pm  

In my belief the Concordance is better used as a repository for Fan Contributions. My brother (Katerek) and I are going to eventually get all the major events of our campaigns put on there. He has hard data on his running from Greyhawk since his campaign started in 1987. My Greyhawk games have only ran since 2003, but I have it all written down.

I am very interested in the Fan Contributions of everyone here. If everyone includes just a little of what happened at their own game tables, we will have a massive library of Greyhawk to draw inspiration from, that will always be growing.
    Master Greytalker

Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:46 am  

I'm in complete agreement with chaotic. A fan-driven, options smorgasbord which other fans can pick and choose ideas from would be a goldmine. No arguments about canon, no fear of having an idea belittled because it doesn't fit the plan and, best of all, no "official" stamp; which was never a guarantee of quality in any case.

Man, I'm feeling independant and militant today.
    GreySage

Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:52 am  

Ragr wrote:
    Man, I'm feeling independent and militant today.

Ragr, my good friend, you're always feeling "independent and militant!" Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:55 pm  

Independent militancy is what we are trying to advocate! Like the Declaration of Independence, we believe in the right to rage and break stuff! Also like the Declaration of Independence we are not recognized by the Supreme Court.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:39 am  

I also have ALL of the Living Greyhawk modules.

At least the ones that are in digital format. I will work on posting summaries from them as I get the time.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:19 pm  
    LG stuff

Katerek wrote:

At least the ones that are in digital format. I will work on posting summaries from them as I get the time.

All regional and meta-regional, core, core specials, adaptables, etc., are ALL available digitally, period. At least half of the intros, and some interactives, but not many, as most regions didn't even write them out, they were just notes on index cards in many regions, and even the ones that were written out were only available to the author and GM that ran them at the one and only con they were used in usually, and most authors won't share. Also have the vast majority of meta-org stuff from everywhere too, the various knighthoods, Silent Ones, etc, maps, etc. too. If someone wants something, just ask.

Just wish I could have 'acquired' more interactives, Onnwal's liberation of Scant especially, love to have those to write a real adventure from them! Authors won't part with them though Sad

TT
    Guildmaster of Thieves, Greyhawk Laughing

Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:12 pm  
    Re: LG stuff

tigger1tom wrote:
    Katerek wrote:

All regional and meta-regional, core, core specials, adaptables, etc., are ALL available digitally, period. At least half of the intros, and some interactives, but not many, as most regions didn't even write them out, they were just notes on index cards in many regions, and even the ones that were written out were only available to the author and GM that ran them at the one and only con they were used in usually, and most authors won't share. Also have the vast majority of meta-org stuff from everywhere too, the various knighthoods, Silent Ones, etc, maps, etc. too. If someone wants something, just ask.

Just wish I could have 'acquired' more interactives, Onnwal's liberation of Scant especially, love to have those to write a real adventure from them! Authors won't part with them though Sad

TT

From the perspective of a person who loves to write; if these authors did not choose to share their workds, perhaps they were unfit to be shared?
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:09 am  
    Re: LG stuff

chaoticprime wrote:
    tigger1tom wrote:
    Katerek wrote:

TT

From the perspective of a person who loves to write; if these authors did not choose to share their works, perhaps they were unfit to be shared?

Laughing that is very possible, they could be VERY bad, but probably not. They wrote them though, so, its their prerogative.
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: