JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - C&C Grayhawk
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- Other Game Systems/Editions
    C&C Grayhawk
    Novice

Wed May 18, 2011 10:40 am  
    C&C Grayhawk

When I first read the C&C PHB my first thought was "this is what the 2nd edition of AD&D should have been." It takes all of the best bits of the 1e PHB and Unearthed Arcana and folds it into a well balanced rules light system that emphasizes role playing over rules lawyering. I'm not surprised that C&C and Grayhawk go together so well. I only wish I could still find a copy of the 2nd printing Grayhawk boxed set that I could purchase without a major bank loan.:( I'd love to do a rewrite on it for my own C&C campaign.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Thu May 19, 2011 8:53 am  

you should be able to find a PDF copy on the web somewhere. Not as cool as being able to read it while you lay in bed but still better than not having it.
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:29 pm  

ron65,

I wish you could as well I would like to see the C&C version of Grey Hawk.

Later

Argon
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:17 pm  

There's really no rewriting needed for Greyhawk since C&C and AD&D are almost 100% compatible. The only thing you would need to watch is spells since C&C uses a different level system for them. As for the rest, unless you are getting the 2e material, the early sets are 99% fluff that ports over nicely.

Julian<div><br /></div><div><br /></div>
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:00 am  

I'm running several Greyhawk campaigns using the Castles and Crusades rules via the Fantasy Grounds VTT. Very little needs to change going from AD&D to C&C... it is almost effortless and a true joy to run.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:20 am  

In the past 10 years, I have played/run 3 C&C Greyhawk campaigns. The system is perfect for the more classic style of play, and is evocative of the Greyhawk feel.

Though, the higher level you are in C&C, the challenges tend to be a lot tougher due to the nature of C&C's scaling of saving throws. It's hard, but I always hated easy saving throws anyway.

~O

Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:07 am  

I've run my Greyhawk campaign using C&C since 2015. Works great. I mostly run old 1E modules, or newer compatible modules, and just convert on the fly.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- Other Game Systems/Editions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: