JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Campaign Website
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Campaign Website
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Sat May 28, 2011 12:40 pm  
    Campaign Website

I finally was able to make the website for my current Sterich campaign available to everybody on the web, so here it is - https://sites.google.com/site/thekingswall/

Nothing fancy. I haven't been keeping up the campaign log as well as I should have. If people might be interested in anything it could be the informational section on Sterich, detailing the government, nobility, inhabitants, etc... I'm adding alot of stuff to that section as the campaign progresses and the scope is starting to go beyond the area of the Keep on the Borderlands. Fair warning, my history departs from canon.
    Master Greytalker

Sat May 28, 2011 1:27 pm  
    Re: Campaign Website

smillan_31 wrote:
    Fair warning, my history departs from canon.

Stretch 'is neck 'til 'e repents milords. Happy
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Sat May 28, 2011 1:52 pm  

Nice campaign,

What you went against canon? I would never do that Evil Grin

O wait I usually do that! Maybe because I don't need to run the game as its published. Novel idea glad even Gygax thought of it.

I prefer other peoples takes on the game. To me it's no fun reading whats been done already. Give me your version the game is made to inspire creation and diverge from published material.

Keep it coming!
    GreySage

Sat May 28, 2011 8:03 pm  

I looked over parts of the site and it appears that you're off to a great start on your campaign web page, smillan_31. Smile

I love the picture of the keep. I printed it off to use in my own KotB campaign going on right now. Cool

I have two questions. First, where did that picture of the keep come from? I've never seen it before.

Second, you are using names of gods I don't recognize (e.g.Merrshaulk, Erathis) along with names I do (e.g. Tharizdun, Yondolla). Are they your own creation, alternate names of canonized GH gods, or gods from another world?

SirXaris
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Sat May 28, 2011 8:34 pm  

SirXaris wrote:
    I looked over parts of the site and it appears that you're off to a great start on your campaign web page, smillan_31. Smile

I love the picture of the keep. I printed it off to use in my own KotB campaign going on right now. Cool

I have two questions. First, where did that picture of the keep come from? I've never seen it before.

Second, you are using names of gods I don't recognize (e.g.Merrshaulk, Erathis) along with names I do (e.g. Tharizdun, Yondolla). Are they your own creation, alternate names of canonized GH gods, or gods from another world?

SirXaris

The keep is a new map of the Keep on the Borderland, which 4e has placed in a setting called the Chaos Scar. It's kind of a sandbox setting that I shoved into Sterich. If you want to find an unnumbered version of the keep map just do a google image search for Restwell Keep. There are a number to choose from.

As far as the gods, Merrshaulk is the god of the yuan-ti. I think he first appeared in 2e's Monster Mythology. I don't know if he's ever appeared in anything specifically set in GH. Shothotugg is from 3e's Elder Evils and fits really well with the background on the Chaos Scar. Erathis and Avandra are 4e core gods that I'm fitting into GH. Erathis I'm making a version of Stern Alia and Avandra another name for Rudd in Sterich.

Thanks for all the comment and support, guys!
    Master Greytalker

Sun May 29, 2011 1:38 am  

Great work, smillan, just spent a half-hour wandering around the site going "using that", "stealing that" etc. Smile

I'll be back if any of my pc's head that way.

Who knows, I might even have to steer them that way.

Oh, btw, do you mind not flaunting your WEEKLY sessions. Shocked

I.N.V.U. Mad
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Sun May 29, 2011 6:06 am  

Ragr wrote:
    Great work, smillan, just spent a half-hour wandering around the site going "using that", "stealing that" etc. Smile

I'll be back if any of my pc's head that way.

Who knows, I might even have to steer them that way.

Oh, btw, do you mind not flaunting your WEEKLY sessions. Shocked

I.N.V.U. Mad

Thanks, Ragr. BTW, the weekly sessions have had some gaps, and are only about 2 1/2 hours long, so don't feel too bad. In 4e combat terms that equals some roleplaying time and usually 1 encounter. I've been following the 4e "delve" model. Short adventure arcs usually equaling 3 encounters. Level progression takes a little time. Still, I'm proud of my group for making the commitment! Smile
    One of the reasons I started running Chaos Scar was it was kind of a sandbox, with no real overarching themes, but now I've complicated things by weaving in a complex plot lines. So now I have to come up with or adapt stuff to fits the plot line. Now they're retainers of the local lord though, things can get really interesting. Happy
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun May 29, 2011 6:52 pm  

thanx for inviting us into your world! You've done a great job on the site and the campaign. I too spent some time wandering around the site taking it all in.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:29 pm  

I'm really loving your NPC section. Well done! Probably going to spend hours in here poking about.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:59 am  

Thanks! I've been looting the internet for good NPC pics, although I've had to photoshop a couple to make them appears closer to the description. Many of the NPCs are from the update of the Keep on the Borderland for 4e, which is the setting for the Chaos Scar series of adventures.

A word of warning to DMs everywhere, go over the pronunciation of NPC names before saying them out loud to the players for the first time. I didn't do that which is how Corporal Fallek ended up coming out as Corporal Phallic. The players have finally gotten to the point where they don't snicker when I say it now. Embarassed
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:40 pm  

*laughing* Noted. Thanks for the warning.
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: