JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Shreckend of Appolled
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Shreckend of Appolled
    Master Greytalker

Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:07 pm  
    Shreckend of Appolled

According to Ivid the Undying, the fortress Appolled contained chapels of Pelor and Heironeous. Do we have any further indication whom the paladin Shreckend served? Presumably, he was dedicated primarily to one of those two deities, while also showing lesser reverence to the other. I found references to two LG Nyrond modules ("Road to Appolled" & "Fate of Appolled") that have the church of Pelor sending the PCs to the ruins of Appolled, but I don't know what's contained in those modules. Anyone have any further info on Shreckend himself or his castle?
    GreySage

Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:57 pm  

Check these links:

http://oracle.wizards.com/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind0005d&L=greyhawk-l&P=2035

http://oracle.wizards.com/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind0201a&L=greyhawk-l&P=317

Hope they help. Smile

SirXaris
    GreySage

Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:10 pm  

Very nice links, Sir Xaris. Thanks for sharing those with us. Cool Wink

Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:27 am  
    I Have These Adventures

DMPrata wrote:
    I found references to two LG Nyrond modules ("Road to Appolled" & "Fate of Appolled") that have the church of Pelor sending the PCs to the ruins of Appolled, but I don't know what's contained in those modules. Anyone have any further info on Shreckend himself or his castle?

I know this reply is twenty-one months late, but I have access to NYR3-M01 The Road to Appolled and NYR4-M01 Fate of Appolled.

To answer your specific question, Living Greyhawk assumed that Lord Shreckend was a paladin of Pelor. His Appolled stronghold had a chapel to Pelor and a shrine to Heironeous, whom he honored out of respect for his Nyrondese peers and rulers.

Appolled and Lord Shreckend's fortress are a mile wide pile of rubble. Nothing remains standing. The orcs and demons that razed the site were completely thorough in their destruction of the town and its keep. Such was their hatred for Shreckend, his stubborn resistance, his people and the gods they worshiped. When rationalizing the doom that was sure to befall Appolled with no help from the gods or anyone else, it was recorded that Shreckend had said, "The Powers of Good do allow the innocent to be slain, that judgment may be brought to those that indulge in works of evil. The Good need not fear death. But, the unrighteous should fear theirs, for judgement awaits them in equal measure to their sins."

The adventures reiterate what is contained in Ivid the Undying about the fall of Appolled. They do, however, add a tale about what happened to the thirty Appolled citizens that hid below the fortress. There is also information about Arastenn's spellbook and Shreckend's Lance in D&D 3.0 terms. There is not much in the way of maps. That said, NYR3-M01 The Road to Appolled does have a nicely rendered, yet basic, map of Mithat.

If you want anymore information, please let me know. E-mail me or reply here.

Happy gaming.
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: