JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Xenia Sallavarian's Fate
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Xenia Sallavarian's Fate
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:34 pm  
    Xenia Sallavarian's Fate

I was visiting the Nyrond Living Greyhawk website when I noticed that Xenia Sallavarian had survived whatever malady that befell her in CY 589 while touring Rel Mord. The site also says that she is now Queen and Lynwerd's wife. I could not find specifics regarding these events.

Any idea what the resolution was to her delimma? Also, when did this occur and when did she and Lynwerd tie-the-knot,... CY 594?

Please note that this has nothing to do with the previous post regarding Secrets of Living Greyhawk. <Even though it sure looks that way> Wink
    Journeyman Greytalker

Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:10 pm  

I too would be interested in the answer to this one if anyone knows. I was ever curious about what happened to Xenia Sallavarian in Rel Mord. Was it in FtA where that incident was described? I cannot recall now.
    CF Admin

Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 am  

Well, Greyseer and Greyson would be the ones to ask... I'm sure they'll be along anytime...

Quote:
    I was visiting the Nyrond Living Greyhawk website when I noticed that Xenia Sallavarian had survived whatever malady that befell her in CY 589 while touring Rel Mord. The site also says that she is now Queen and Lynwerd's wife. I could not find specifics regarding these events.

Any idea what the resolution was to her delimma? Also, when did this occur and when did she and Lynwerd tie-the-knot,... CY 594?

This seems obviously made-up to me, but the triads can apparently pull anything they want out of thin air and call it official (as it pertains to their RPGA Living Campaign, anyway.)

Unless you play in the Living Campaign, I wouldn't worry about...

Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:11 pm  

Yes I seem to recall in a greychat one evening someone mentioning Xenia getting married in LG. On a side note I also heard chatter last week about a new 60 mile long island in the Nyr Dyv off the County of Urnst. I'm finding the longer LG exists and moves away from the baseline LGG the less useful its information is IMC.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:34 pm  

mortellan wrote:
    Yes I seem to recall in a greychat one evening someone mentioning Xenia getting married in LG. On a side note I also heard chatter last week about a new 60 mile long island in the Nyr Dyv off the County of Urnst. I'm finding the longer LG exists and moves away from the baseline LGG the less useful its information is IMC.

I don't think this is a fair statement to make. Living Greyhawk as a campaign has been around for five years (started at GenCon 2000). It's not reasonable to suggest that the campaign should not have progressed during this time. Of course it's going to move away from the LGG - that was a starting point, nothing more. As an example - a major plotline of 592 involved the return of the Isles of Woe. It's not unreasonable to suggest that the island off the coast of Urnst is a result of that plot.

Yes, the quality of material is going to vary. In a campaign the size of LG, that's just an occupational hazzard. I don't think anyone intends to put out crap. I certainly don't. Not everyone's tastes are going to be satisfied just because there are far more gamers and players than Triad and mod authors. You can't please everyone. The best you can do is your best and hope that some people enjoy what you have to offer.

Living Greyhawk isn't for everyone and that's okay. Some people prefer the close-knit nature of a home campaign. Others like going to conventions and having people recognize their character by what he/she has done in the campaign. It's a matter of personal taste - nothing more. If you can't, or have no desire to, adapt LG material for your home campaign - employ the time-honoreed tradition of creating it yourself.

Vernon L. Vincent
    Verbobonc Triad
    Forum Moderator

Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:06 pm  

Oh that was the Isles of Woe? Makes sense now. :P

I agree with you fully Vernon, your post just elaborated on what I am saying.

Most new articles put out in Dungeon or formerly the LGJ are written in a manner that allow them to smoothly integrate into any campaign or timeframe. I've definitely been pleased with 'LG approved' material that is given to the public. I am very liberal (as GH fans go) and try to incorporate as much published material as I can get. But as you've stated the LG campaign will progress too and with all the myriad Triads and suplots, of course sooner or later my campaign and the LG campaign won't mesh as well as I'd like. Xenia getting married is quite easily usable, the Isles of Woe rising is not all that hard to incorporate, whereas Tenh getting eaten up is a radical campaign change.

I guess its just the radical plotlines that make me detract. Alot of people, some who are authors, that aren't involved in LG still worry about what happens in LG because its the defacto official campaign and affects what future material gets published to the public. Imagine if Iuz is killed off in LG, then alot of material written afterwards is sketchy to those who aren't playing LG Approved. Remember when FR killed off Bane(in the novels? not sure), I think there was a fan backlash and sure enough now Bane is back. Ah well.

Keep up the good work over at Verbobonc, Vernon. ;)
    Journeyman Greytalker

Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:58 am  
    Re: Xenia Sallavarian's Fate

Zephirum wrote:
    Also, when did this occur and when did she and Lynwerd tie-the-knot,... CY 594?

Sometime in or before 593, the current campaign year, IIRC.
    Master Greytalker

Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:19 am  

[quote="But as you've stated the LG campaign will progress too and with all the myriad Triads and suplots, of course sooner or later my campaign and the LG campaign won't mesh as well as I'd like. Xenia getting married is quite easily usable, the Isles of Woe rising is not all that hard to incorporate, whereas Tenh getting eaten up is a radical campaign change.
    [/quote]

Vernon's comments are totally accurate. Fan opinions have always varied on the various 'official modules' that were printed b4 LGG even existed, and it is silly to suggest that the problem with diversion lies with LGG: it is a problem with home campaigns, which will inevitably depart from canon sooner or later.

In my campaign Prince Thrommel was rescued from the original ToEE and I certainly never realised what a huge impact that could have on international politics so I 'disappeared' him again during the Great Northern Cursade. In addition, my characters helped to rescue many of the inhabitants of Ringland but, according to official history, most of them never left, and those that did vanished without a trace.

With or without LGG, these discrepancies are inevitable. I'm certainly grateful for all the detail that triads are putting into the LGG campaign and I'm happy to log events outside my campaign world. We have a slight advantage in that our campaign year is 587 CY, which means that much of LGG history can be re-worked back into my home campaign without too much hassle (bye bye Thrommel).
    CF Admin

Sat Aug 07, 2004 5:23 am  
    It was a Succubus

Hey, all.

I am the guilty one Mortellan refers to whom mentioned that Lady Xenia finally got married to King Lynwerd in Greychat. Here is a summary of what the LG Nyrond writers did:

A Succubus used magic and magical items to disguise herself as a beautiful noblewoman named Reala Nadir. She infected Lady Xenia with a disease that was slowly reducing her Constitution and Charisma to 0 - she would have eventually died in a coma. While Xenia was in the throes of her illness, Reala charmed and seduced Lynwerd, thus supplanting Xenia as the King's betrothed.

But, in the Nyrond regional adventure called A Day in the Life of Rel Mord III: He Loves Me He Loves Me not, the Greyseer asks a party of adventurers to expose Reala and her accomplices. Reala is destroyed and Xenia freed from her ailment if the PCs succeed. This adventure is the culminating scenario in this plotline.

King Lynwerd and Lady Xenia were married at an Interactive scenario at CONduit XIV in Salt Lake City last May in another Nyrond regional called A Day in the Life of Rel Mord III: the Royal Wedding. SO, now the royal couple are happily wed.

I hope this helps.
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: