JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Weather Map
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Weather Map
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:02 am  
    Weather Map

Does anyone have a resource for the weather patterns across Oerik? The Living Greyhawk Veluna site has a nice weather chart based loosely on the original one found in one of the box sets, but I need more. I'd prefer a map showing wind directions, rain/snow patterns, temperature variances, and gulf streams and the like. Not being a meteorologist myself, any help would do.

Cheers
    Journeyman Greytalker

Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:08 pm  

As far as an actual meteorological map? I've never happened across one. That would be really interesting to see. Any meteorologists about? Wink

I do know of a couple Oerth weather generators though. One can be found here:

The World of Arr-Kelaan

And another is here:

Weather Forecaster for Greyhawk World

The first place involves the downloading of a program, but the second is right there on the page, make a few selections and you've got a monthly forecast.
    Forum Moderator

Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:51 pm  

A weather map would be very interesting. 'd do it myself if I had a clue where to start. Good links Tedra, I always had to crack out a scratch pad to do weather forecasts before, this is handy!
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:01 am  

There's an article on Greyhawk weather in Dragon #68. That might help some.

Mike

Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:14 am  
    Weather Map

If someone much more capable than I could, it would be cool to have a website that shows weather across the Flaness. I suppose it would be linked with some real weather data, maybe a satalite photo, overlaid on the flaness. Image, at anytime, you could call up the coordinates for your adventure and find out temp, humidity, percipiation.

I don't know that it could be done, but I just retired my last typewriter.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:41 am  

I wonder if our resident cartographer Yabusama, could turn cartographer/meteorologist? Wink
    Journeyman Greytalker

Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:54 am  

Well funny you should mention it, but I have been working on an exe file that will work out the weather for you for all major and minor cities, takes into account altitude, latitude etc etc. But I stopped from submitting it coz it would need an accompanying map so that ppl could click on a square/hex and then choose the month or day, and I havent finished my map yet Mad

But since there us renewed interest in the weather I might dig it out and carry on as I have a bit of free time at the moment.
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: